• Doesn't Matter

Votes: 22 1.9%
  • OTHER (Please specify)

Votes: 98 8.3%

• Total voters
Question...

Why do you think Lucas is the best?

Just curious here.:D

Not trying to imply its the best, just saying that is what I got in mine. Figured that it would have the highest thermal protection and the best tack. I have been thinking of lowering it to the Royal Purple 75/140 after reading some other threads.
Input appreciated.:eam

been planning on thinning it out. will be getting to it in few days. Although, I know several that put gear lube in the primary. Know of one that put lucas in his older calssic from day one and he has 150k+ on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have an opinion on the new Spectro Primary Oil?
Heavy Duty Primary Chaincase Oil
This sheer stable petroleum is designed to withstand the punishment of high loads, and contains special polymers to provide exceptional clutch engagement and temperature stability. Meets full OEM requirements, and should be used according to manufacturer’s instructions. Formulated specifically for Harley® Sportster and Big Twin applications. Low drag, low friction loss SAE 85w viscosity eliminates clutch “drag” and slipping.

20-50 ams oil i buy it buy the gallon and i buy 10 gallons and 1 quart i also buy my gear oil at the same time 6 quarts at a time:bigsmiley28:

I changed all my fluids over to Amsoil. I was told by the Amsoil dealer (Motorcycle Madness, Memphis, TN.) that I would do better to put 10w-40 in the primary, and 20w-50 in the engine. Is that wrong?

I want to go with the HD formula + in my primary.

Is this a synthetic or non synthetic product.

I have read all the controversy and would rather stay with a non synthetic product till such time I get new clutch plates.

I want to go with the HD formula + in my primary.

Is this a synthetic or non synthetic product.

I have read all the controversy and would rather stay with a non synthetic product till such time I get new clutch plates.

It's a non synthetic. I wouldn't suggest a synthetic in the primary with the new plates either.

I am sure to be corrected if wrong. :sd:sd

Synthetic oil is very slippery.
As a clutch wears or becomes older , the pressure between the plate becomes less , therefore resuling in greater slippage over a non synthetic product.

As with new clutches, not all are created equal. Some high performance clutches have more presssure between the plates and are less likely to slip while new , but as that pressure decrease with time slippage with a synthetic would be more noticable.

I have switched to the Spectro Heavy Duty Primary Chaincase Oil. Unfortunately, my stator fried (not related to switching oil I am sure) and burned the oil in less than a week. Got everything back together and will let you know what I think about this oil after a few thousands. It looks beautiful. Like a good white wine, only thicker!

TQ

Even though I have 25k on my 06 Roadglide I feel like a newbie. Why does HD recommend all three in the same hole? I feel like I ought to be in the garage now changing them all. I am going to what Glider recommends and see how that works. I have not had any problems yet and I often ride it like I stole it. Do most of you change fluids every 5k on oil and 10k on others? Or??

Back