free website stats program Primary Chain Adjustment | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Primary Chain Adjustment

Johnny, When I said "dump the clutch" I just meant pull in the lever while you were riding it. Sorry about that. That phase goes back decades for me from the days of street racing cages.
Hope you did not think I meant "pull it apart & throw it away":p

It sound like you have a good plan in place and I am sure you will resolve what the issue is.

Johnny, When I said "dump the clutch" I just meant pull in the lever while you were riding it. Sorry about that. That phase goes back decades for me from the days of street racing cages.
Hope you did not think I meant "pull it apart & throw it away":p

It sound like you have a good plan in place and I am sure you will resolve what the issue is.

I know what you meant. I just still am not a big fan of doing that at higher speeds. I get that noise at lower speeds too so I will do it at lower speeds. 40 mph like you had suggested. :D

Welcome to the forum Johnny; When you adjust the chain it's a good idea to turn the engine over and check several different spots. Chains sometimes have tighter/looser spots in them.

Welcome to the forum macrylinda1 :D

Great first post too.:s

Back