free website stats program Price opinions | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Price opinions

I would look at it this way... You are buying the bike for $5500 and GIVING your buddy $3500 as a Christmas gift. Which could be totally fine if thats what you want to do.

Options value: It depends on what the options are and WHERE they are. For instance, a "Live to Ride" gas cap is about $30. I wouldn't say that adds $30 to the value. But a chrome inner primary is $400. It "might" add $200 to the value because you are looking at about 3 or 4 hours to install one and they are pretty popular. Make sense???

Another great example would be comparing a purple tinted winshield to a set of S&S cams... same price, but which one adds resale value?

Never sell or buy cars or motorcycles from friends or family. It will always strain the relationship. Good advice I heard a long time ago.

Randall
Being a mechanic who fixes and sells cars, I try to sell to a friend or family because I know what I'm selling. We go from one end to the other and fix everything before putting a price tag on it. I do have an 02 explorer sport, v8, tow package, dual air and in excellent shape and 134k for 6k. anyone interested???

its good and bad buying things from friends. good because you know the person and hopefully know how they took care of the bike. its bad because they are your friend and you dont want to negotiate for a price like you would a used car salesman. if you know what I mean.

I actually just bought my Super Glide in October so I have some recent experience of shopping for used Super Glides. My bike is a 2002 and I picked it up for $7,000. It also came loaded with too many extras to mention such as chrome wheels, chrome hand controls, seat, chrome engine, exhaust, etc. There are many more and I figured he had at least $4,000- $5,000 in upgrades alone. As many have already said you don't get your money out of the upgrades. Besides everybody customises their bike I have already spend a couple grand myself setting it up the way I want. The bottom line is I think you are overpaying if you spend $9,000. However, if you love the bike and just have to have it then thats your business. Just don't expect to re-sell it to anyone else for anywhere near that price. I would value the bike without even seeing it between 6-7 grand no more.

Back