free website stats program Prefilling Oil Filter | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Prefilling Oil Filter

A guy I worked with drove car away from dealer after a service got about 20 miles until car overheated and stopped no drain plug in the sump = no oil
The engine survived it was a company car so he did not care about it too much

Brian

Speaking of dropping the oil filter.
One day while changing the oil for a customer, the kind of guy that likes to have his chin on your shoulder while you work,
I asked that he step back while I spin the filter off, well he didn't, my hand became wet and slippery with oil and lost hold of it.
The filter fell to the floor and splattered oil all over his new Tony Lama's, So I take my rag and try to wipe the oil off. Didn't work out very well being they were soft leather boots, he he he. The guy never came back
I guess you did not have the labor rate sign hanging in shop. You know $75.00/HR, $90.00/HR if customer watches and $150.00/HR if customer helps with repair........:p

For us at our shop we bring customers in and do the show and tell all the time. But I dont let customers just hang out, to much liability if the stub their toes or hit their head on a hoist, plus I pay my guys hourly to work, a visiter slows them down and something may get forgotten.

If something did happen to a customer while in thee shop thay are covered, we still don't need a law suit,
I want to retire, but I don't want to provide for someone else's retirement through my insurance

Last edited by a moderator:
I get onto the shop floor of the motorcycle shop I use for inspections they have been inspecting my work for many years now and I think the inspector wants me there so that he can gloat over any failure he has found
I have been on the shop floor of local ford dealer many times but then I look after their computer systems and their diagnostic equipment so I will be invited in to see any faults found on my car

Brian

When in the auto service business I always found it helpful to be able to show customer problem with car so that they understand and are more inclined to believe correction is needed. It builds trust.

Back