free website stats program Power loss in the throttle. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Power loss in the throttle.

TQ Thanks for the link very educational but do you think this is possible with only 4300 mile on the bike?

The convoluted tubing can be in contact with the interior structures in the tank. With the typical vibration of a Harley and the movement of the fluid in the tank, it can lead to wear on the tubing resulting in pin-holes. I have had these occur three times in 10,000 miles until I finally just gave up and used heavy duty reinforced auto fuel injector line instead.

TQ

Last edited:
Might be a gas tank vent problem. Remove the cap and see if it runs OK. Probably not the problem but it costs nothing to try.

See if you have a bad tps (throttle position sensor) if it is bad it can let it idle but won't tell the computer to give it more fuel when the throttle is openned. Just a guess but you may want to check that out. I know that happens on cars but not sure about Harleys because I don't have a scanner for Harleys

I'd say it sounds like a fuel problem as well, you might wanna drain your tank and try some Sea-foam, or B-12 fuel additives as well as fresh new Premium Gas.....

I've also been hearing about a "really good" fuel system cleaner called BG44K, but I haven't tried it and can't say how good it actually is. It is not carried at alot of places so you will have to go to the companies website to find a dealer if you are interested in it or wanna research it..

BG Company
BG Findashop - Search for an authorized BG service center near you!

Been told 3 oz. for a 5 gallon tank....JMO try it if you want or don't try it, which ever you prefer. I will be trying it out shortly and will post my results after using it for a bit, but will be a week or two before I post anything.

Last edited:
See if you have a bad tps (throttle position sensor) if it is bad it can let it idle but won't tell the computer to give it more fuel when the throttle is openned. Just a guess but you may want to check that out. I know that happens on cars but not sure about Harleys because I don't have a scanner for Harleys

Very good point. That would certainly do it.

Back