free website stats program Post Your Bad/Problem Parts | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Post Your Bad/Problem Parts

08 Ultra, rear sprocket IDS bearing. Failed due to insufficient axel torque after dealer replaced tire at 10k service. I took apart and found during 15K service, dealer/HD would not repair under warranty since I disassembled it. :bigsmiley19: HD Rep finally replaced for "Customer Satisfaction" :D

My rear tire.It was replaced last fall,,just before I put it away and today I was down there ,replacing the exhaust shield I had dinged with the footboard and I noticed the tire is cracking between the treads:(

I'm having the same problem with my front tire (Dunlop). It has been on the bike a little over a year.

Speedometer/tachometer on my 05 Wide Glide. Face plate warped in the sun, and stopped the speedometer at 60 MPH. Had to call the factory to get it replaced under warranty.
The replacement started acting up last week in Laughlin. Maybe I should have stayed with the factory unit.

08 Ultra, fuel filer / and shell, under warranty, lean condition, dealer did a reflash, rear tire at 11,000 miles, my cost and so far the only thing I have to keep replacing is the gas

Lots of rusty Chrome...not replaced but ....really! Bubbles in the chrome headlamp trim derby cover . Never been in the salt or rain even. Always garaged.

Throttle cables running through tunnel rubbing on the tank. H-D safety recall.

Terrible chrome job on stock mirror stems.

previous ride 07 stc flush mount gas cap and gas gauge with l.e.d. lights that go out as gas runs low 200.00 lasted till first down pour no warranty:

When I picked up my bike (new from the showroom) it wouldn't start. HD wheeled it back in and stated the battery did not have a full charge. A few weeks later, it wouldn't start. I put a charger on it, took it back to HD. It wouldn't start in the parking lot. I told them that the battery was bad or there was a dead short somewhere. They checked it out and said everything was fine. Once again, it wouldn't start. Took it back to HD and talked with the service manager. They replaced the battery (under warranty) and it's been fine since.:D

Speedometer/tachometer on my 05 Wide Glide. Face plate warped in the sun, and stopped the speedometer at 60 MPH. Had to call the factory to get it replaced under warranty.
The replacement started acting up last week in Laughlin. Maybe I should have stayed with the factory unit.

tried a few after market speedometers also both never lasted more than 3000 miles.Ended up spending the extra for a factory one and have put 10000 miles on it so far

Both valve cover gaskets leaked and had to replaced under warranty (twice). Had a "no start" issue several months after purchase, HD shop "fixed" it and when I unloaded it at the house and went to town it did it again. It is now, nearly 2 years later, in the shop for the very same thing. Apparently nothing must be replaced to fix this problem 'cuz I was told today that the cure was to charge the battery and put it back in the bike. Funny, it had 12.7 volts when I had to push it up on the trailer to take it to them!?!? But I guess a battery can do some mysterious things like as soon as you touch the starter button everything goes dead, no dim headlight, no gauge lights, nothing!?!?! Well, I guess I gotta get used to owning a turd! My factory warranty is up June 24 so it is obvious to me that they just want to get me out the door and hope nothing happens until the warranty ends. This is my last Harley!:bigsmiley19:

Back