free website stats program Post Your Bad/Problem Parts | Harley Davidson Forums

Post Your Bad/Problem Parts

glider.

BOT Machine
I thought this would be an interesting post for everyone to post any defective parts, recalled parts or just plain parts that that caused problems on their Harleys, new or used.

Give us a brief description of the part, what happened when it went bad and the cure. Was it covered under a warranty?

Stock OEM parts or aftermarket?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, on my 08' Ultra I had the bad fuel filter, which was recalled and replaced.
In my opinion, the Brake pads are junk. I had it in for the service bulletin for the rear brakes, but it was squealing again before I got home. As soon as I pull the rear wheel for a tire, they will get changed!

Funny you should ask ! A battery I bought from CXhecker Auto. The bike shop in the Town where I broke down were out of the one for my Model and year. It was the cause of several threads I started here. It was under warrenty and I bought one from the bike shop for a Little more. The bike runs great and I no longer am Replacing parts that werent needed ! GREAT thread !!!!!!

My rear tire.It was replaced last fall,,just before I put it away and today I was down there ,replacing the exhaust shield I had dinged with the footboard and I noticed the tire is cracking between the treads:(

Chrome Rear Saddlebag Guards for touring models. The chrome part of the guards were rusted around the top bolt holes. The black parts of the guards were nicked in several places. I was willing to overlook those defects.

However, the bracket on the black part of one of the guards that attaches to the muffler was badly welded and was welded in just in one place instead of two places. The bracket broke the first time I started up the bike after putting on the guards. Luckily, my next door neighbor was coming up my driveway and saw that one muffler was lower than the other. He stopped me and we found the broken weld.

The dealer insisted that I bring the bike in so that it could be inspected before they would order a new set of guards. So, I secured the muffler with a zip-tie and rode it 25 miles to the dealer. The dealer agreed that the weld was defective and ordered a new set of guards. The dealer then inspected the guards when they arrived to make sure they were perfect before they called me to pick them up.

Back