free website stats program Possible dumb question... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Possible dumb question...

My wife is about the same size as your passenger. I am 6'2", 205. We did thousands of two-up miles on my Super Glide in reasonable comfort.

My wife now has a XL1200C. We were riding one day and my clutch cable broke. We mounted up her Sportster to get home and grab my truck and trailer. Two-up on her Sportster wasn't near as comfortable as my Super Glide.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhahahahahah I JUST had to ASK?

Were you sitting on the Back of HER SEAT..... if so GOOD FOR HER!

My wife never let me hear the end of MY RIDING ON BACK!

I better watch out Glider is checking these post with a fine tooth comb...

signed....BUBBIE

I had a 95 sportster that WE rode for MANY miles 2 up...... set shocks on HIGH number and they were progressive brand.....
Then went to the DYNA models,,, a 1997 then a 2000 thea was fixed up for comfort..... and over night

The 2000FXDS had the removable saddle bags and i put on a Luggage rack and tall sissy bar that held the T-BAG in reverse on rack, while TWO UP... that combo worked for us,,,,,,,
Things I changed out for comfort,,, the stock seat for a MUSTANG full saddle style and added folding 3 in extensions to her pegs , that lowered them a little also but out away from the bike for more comfort for her...

REALLY A COMFORTABLE RIDE.... 205 lb. me and 130 ISH...

NOW a 2009 FLHR that is ROAD KING....
We have taken 2 up LONG rides.... It will do better because it IS BUILT for that kind of ride...
changes for comfort were minimal

I put on 4 point docking system and attach the BIG WIDE Sissy and the LUGGAGE by the 4 POINT docking system and reverse of the T-BAG, resting behind ON luggage rack (same as on the DYNA) worked well for BOTH our COMFORT.....

BUT the 2000 FXDS was no SLOUCH!!!!! I tried to send a recent photo, HOPES it works..

I put a ton of BUILD into the motor $$$$ and a 6 speed,, traded off for NEW bike.

signed....BUBBIE

NOTE to MODERATOR...... my puter skill are not good, could you help out to turn pict. and remove this worded request, THANKS

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 18

signed....BUBBIE

Glider is going to send you on a nice vacation all expenses paid if you keep using the caps to post.:D

3RD request

I have a 01 Dyna Super Glide. My wife (5'-7" 145lbs) and I (6' 235lbs) ride a good bit 2 up. Day trips that is (150 - 250 miles) I have forward controls to make the ride better for me and a tall sissy bar on the back for her to lean on. We have no problems at all. I have riden hundreds of miles at a time with just me and never had any problems. I think a Dyna would fit you just fine if you are just wanted to do day trips or a over nighter.

Glider is going to send you on a nice vacation all expenses paid if you keep using the caps to post.:D

3RD request

I've started to ASK A COUPLE of times about his use OF CAPS IN posts, but NOW I'M GETTing kind of USED to it. :newsmile061:

Get a superglide and plan on adding a mustang seat, and an engine guard(to put highway pegs on). The seat has a steel frame, it's big, and oh so comfy for the both of you. Your still going to have all the sportyness with the big engine at the most reasonable price for upgrading

Hopefully to get this thread back on track.....

I would check with the dealers on demo days, to seee what you feel good on, then i would search for a great "used" bike, unfortunatly for some, the deals are unbelievable. You can save thousands, off the new cost, and maybe get a ton off add ons to boot

Yeah, I plan on going with something used this time around. I already know i want to have forward controls on it, im too used to it now to go back to the mid. The sporty isnt bad for 2 up, just a little cramped for us, the Sundowner seat I have has made it so much more comfy. But I want something bigger, ive been looking a lot at the Super Glides a lot. But if the price was right, id love to get a softail custom or even a springer, i love that front end, lol. Thought even about a duece, but idk, they just dont look the most comfy for 2 up.....and all we do are day rides mostly, just maybe 200 miles in a full day of riding. I am also riding 2 up about 95% of the time.....shes a harley chick, lol.

signed....BUBBIE

My wife handles a stock Sportster just fine. I don't trust her trying to handle an almost 800 pound Sportster. I know my pride couldn't handle it. :D

I am the man. I am not prepared for her telling me otherwise.

Back