free website stats program Poor radio reception | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Poor radio reception

This is a general reply for all Harley owners with poor radio reception that work with my problem. I have a 2011 Ultra Classic CVO, cd and aux worked fine but the radio sucked big time. First I installed a antenna amp and helped a little. I then cleaned the antenna ground and applied die a electric grease to the connection. Then made a ground wire and ran it from the antenna ground to the neg side of the battery. Now my radio works just fine.

A couple of things come to mind. make sure the antenna ground (not the coax) is in a good place. Street Glides have several rubber-mounted areas that could interfere with a good ground. My FLHT had a hidden antenna as well as a whip, with a "Y" connector under the fairing. That dual "Y" cable caused lousy reception. Make sure the coax connector into the radio is clean and tight. The radio also has a ground wire that may not be connected to a GOOD ground. As the radio has been replaced, make sure every single wire in the connectors is seated.

Back