free website stats program Poor gas milage on new '09 FLHTC | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Poor gas milage on new '09 FLHTC

I only have 3300 miles on my 09. When I passed 1200 miles the fuel mileage improved by 8-9 mpg from one tank to the next. Funny thing was I was running in the mountains when the mileage improved. I figure the engine is still tight and it will improve with age. I currently get about 43-45 mpg, don't do a lot of WOT stints, and it's all stock.

I have an 09 Ultra I bought used. It now has just under 20k miles on it (I put on 5k). I get between 42-45 but have seen as high as 49 (100 and some miles on the BRP included in that tank) and have NEVER seen less than 41. My commute is a mix of 70+mph highway and 40+ two lane (about 50 miles each way). Not sure I expected any more than that. I know the EPA number is high but real riding is not EPA testing. Oh, and my bike does have the stage 1 download (factory) but no other performance mods.

Phil

hi I`ve got an 09 ultra - fully stock - what I have noticed is that at 120k-75mph is 6th the bike is under powered , and milage drops about 20%. I try to ride at lower speeds at 2800 rpm , seem to get best milage . average about 320 km/18ltr.
best milage was thru blue ridge parkway at lower speed & gears ~400k /5 gallon us

Back