free website stats program Poor Fuel Mileage on 2007 CVO 110" SE Ultra | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Poor Fuel Mileage on 2007 CVO 110" SE Ultra

when I ride new routs I take a little gas canister with me. the one I use is meant for Coleman fuel and fits nicely in my saddle bag. I'm not sure of the exact amount of fuel that it holds but I think it's almost a half gallon. I've found that the slower I ride the farther I get. dropping your speed down to 55 or 60 will get you 10 or more miles to the gallon. on the freeway 55 is no good but on back roads or secondary roads it's not too bad. in a pinch one time I squeezed 50 miles out of her after the reserve light came on:bigsmiley21: when I filled up I put in 5.001 gallons.:bigsmiley30: and thats when I decided carrying a little extra gas for emergencies might not be a bad idea.

good topic here! I just ran my first full tank through mine. Its a 2002 Electra glide with a stage 1 air cleaner, hooker slip ons and a HD dowload. I obviously bought it used and it has almost 36000 miles on it and I got a whole 30 mpg with it! Sounds lousy to me, but then again Im not light on the throttle either. Is this about normal?

You'll notice a big difference in fuel mileage with different driving habits and type of driving. Strictly highway will usually return considerably better in the 40's than slower driving especially when getting into the throttle which will be anything from the mid 20's to mid 30's, they get very thirsty then.

One of the Harley magazines addressed this problem about 2 years ago. They had a chart that projected milage vs speed. I don't remember the exact numbers but the best mpg to speed was 63mpg at 47mph. The milage decreased as the speed increased. I ride a 97 ultra and find that I consistanly get the following:
55mph--50 mpg
70mph- 40mpg
80mph-35mpg
100mph-25mpg
I have done several 100mph runs in the southwestern desert and the red lite comes on at exactly 100 miles on the odometer.

my 02 UltraClassic got 43 mpg(avg) on my 9 hour ride to North Carolina. Its got the screamin Eagle II package with the race2 map. Thought that was pretty damn good imho. In town...getting prolly about 28-30 im guessing.

I think new pipes are the problem with poor mpg. Like Glider said a while back, you are interested in hearing the pipes more and more, thus there goes the mpg. Same thing is happening to me:bigsmiley12:

Back