free website stats program Poor Fuel Mileage on 2007 CVO 110" SE Ultra | Harley Davidson Forums

Poor Fuel Mileage on 2007 CVO 110" SE Ultra

My 2007 CVO 110" SE Ulltra with STAGE 1 EFI KIT, RACETUNER AND RINEHART'S SUCKS GAS.
I know that the big engine, the rate of speed that I ride and the weight
I usually carry with my wife and the dog all contribute to the mileage.
I really stress taking my trip next week from Long Island to the Florida Keys
wondering if I stray off of a major route will I get stranded. I don't want
to spend the entire ride looking at my fuel guage. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

I don't have any answers but the folks who do probably will need more specifics. What, exactly, is the mileage that you're getting with the current setup?

The fuel mileage that I am getting on my 110" SE Ultra is about 110 miles per tank
(5 gallon) when the low fuel light goes on. Tony Glide

22mpg is a little harsh,, has the bike been dyno'd ? that will help some some, but still a lot of information needed to resolve that one.. rode to Key West twice from Kentucky,, really great ride.

Getting 22 MPG is the pits. Usually with miles they loosen up and the MPG goes up a bit. On my 96 I got in the high 20's to the low 30 when it was new and now it is in the upper 30's to very low 40's depending on how I am riding. Don't expect great MPG with any of the newer engines.

You mention that you have a sert on your bike. Did the tuner set it up for economy (obviously not) or is it set up for performance, hence the poor MPG. I think a trip back to the tuner with a complaint about the MPG may be in order. They can tweak it a bit for you. Rich settings actually rob the performance of an engine and do not help at all.

Also what is your true usage? I know on my FLHT the gauge is notoriously wrong. when it says I am almost out I usually have a couple gallons left on my 6 gallon tank. Just a thought your may be more accurate than mine.

I also have this problem...since i had my bike dyno'ed I went from about 40 mpg...now its 30...90 percent of my riding is 2 up...and don't really hot rod it....cruise at about 80 mph set on cruise. I have a 04 Road King....of course I have more power...I have the stage 2 kit..and a PC2 with Samson pipes ( I think )....so if I would disconnect the PC for a long trip will it go back to the HD map??? anyone know?????...and can I just reconnect it ( the PC ) when I need the extra power...mainly when I'm pulling my trailer????

Yes it will revert to the stock map which would be too lean for your setup. Don't do it. If anything have a re tune done.

it will revert to the orginal map that HD gives the bike but it will run lean which is not good for the bike

Hey thanks...I won't and I'm sure glad i ask!...coz I would have..:bigsmiley25:

Yes it will revert to the stock map which would be too lean for your setup. Don't do it. If anything have a re tune done.

Thanks to you and Hobbit..I won't....Sure glad I ask! first.:bigsmiley25:

"I really stress taking my trip next week from Long Island to the Florida Keys
wondering if I stray off of a major route will I get stranded.
I don't want to spend the entire ride looking at my fuel guage. ANY SUGGESTIONS"

Tony have you considered a GPS. Its wont help your poor gas milage, but you can track most gasoline stations with it, if you know the route your taking.

Back