free website stats program po662 code | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

po662 code

no. over here when you buy your stage 1 kit every thing you need is in the pack its simply a case of taking the stock air fillter,and pipes off refitting the new ones. fit the v&h fuel pack. fit the dummy sensors, programe the fuel pack switch on and away you go. i have cleared the code but as i said earlyer when i open her up it comes back on.if i tootle around under 40mph it doesent come on .only when i open her up.

Did you remove the air intake solenoid and install a shorting plug (0 ohm) in the cable. That would cause it for sure. If you did,, the dummy plug must be same ohm value as the solenoid.

That's the code for the exhaust actuator...

I'm confused. Your link in entry point 7 takes you to 14XX. The post is in reference to P0662.

Yes, the same resistor will work for both codes. But to fix P0662 it must go on the intake solenoid.

on inspection of the dummy plug there is a resister between the two pins .at this time i dont know its value but surley the supliers of the product would know that the resister in the dummy plug must equel that of the value of the one in the solenoid.

I'm confused. Your link in entry point 7 takes you to 14XX. The post is in reference to P0662.

Yes, the same resistor will work for both codes. But to fix P0662 it must go on the intake solenoid.

True again...

This is posted above.

Disabling intake valve:

Heavy duty resistor 15-20W/20 Ohms soldered to the 2 pin connector to the intake actuator. This mimics the intake circuitry and the ECM does not throw the code.

but surley the supliers of the product would know that the resister in the dummy plug must equel that of the value of the one in the solenoid.

That is true. But the ECM is saying different. The ECM is saying it is less than 16 ohms. So in order to find out what is going on I would check it with a meter.

so what your saying is put an ohms metre across the pins and if it lower than replace the resister with a 15-20w/ 20ohm resister.

This is just the way I work....

I would have first measured the solenoid I removed from the bike just to see what it was. No other reason except to see with my own eyes what the value was. Then based on what the meter read I would then determine what I needed to replace it with. I have never actually measured one but from what I have read, it appears the value is somewhere between 16 and 20 ohms.

I would have also compared each dummy plug before installing them to each other just to see with my own eyes that the plugs are interchangeable.
Not saying they are, not saying they are not. It's just something I would want to see with my own eyes.

I know it's a lot of extra steps, but that is just the way I work. I have always cross-checked components before using them. It actually saves me time in the long run and forces me to understand what I am actually doing and why I am doing it.

One thing I have learned. Just because it is a new part in a new box does not mean it is good or the correct value.

so what your saying is put an ohms metre across the pins and if it lower than replace the resister with a 15-20w/ 20ohm resister.

Hoople is very precise and knows what he is talking about. I would follow his advice and check things out to be sure.:s

If Hoople did not invent electricity he was there to throw the first swich:s

Back