free website stats program Pledge Uses | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Pledge Uses

Bought my first can yesterday and used it on my Harley Iron and MAN..... This thing looks great!! I'm buying a case. And she smells Goooooood too!!!!!

This maybe a not so smart question, but I'm a bit slow and need it broken down for me... :small3d024:

First I hose down my bike;
then I dry it off with a towel/micro rag/ tee shirts;
then I spray the pledge lightly everywhere but the tires brake cylinders, electronics, and anywhere else difficult to get a rag into to wipe it off..;

Is the best method? Please comment...

:newsmile021:

This maybe a not so smart question, but I'm a bit slow and need it broken down for me... :small3d024:

First I hose down my bike;
then I dry it off with a towel/micro rag/ tee shirts;
then I spray the pledge lightly everywhere but the tires brake cylinders, electronics, and anywhere else difficult to get a rag into to wipe it off..;

Is the best method? Please comment...

:newsmile021:

Always spray pledge on a micro fiber rag then apply to bike. Spraying pledge directly onto bike is going to create a bit of a mess from the over spray......:s

Always spray pledge on a micro fiber rag then apply to bike. Spraying pledge directly onto bike is going to create a bit of a mess from the over spray......:s

Thanks; will do. Let me tell ya what I did last time and why I"m asking..

1. Hosed the bike down.
2. sprayed on McGuirres EZ Clean.
3. After Letting it sit for few, (noticed it mostly dripped off..) I wiped down/dryed off the bike with the Micro fiber towel rags. Took three rags before it was almost dryed off (they don't work well when wet...no duh.. lol).

It looked ok, but the KN intake didn't shine up so nice.... and there was some white resdue in every nook and crany I couldn't get to....

Argh...:small3d024:

Thanks; will do. Let me tell ya what I did last time and why I"m asking..

1. Hosed the bike down.
2. sprayed on McGuirres EZ Clean.
3. After Letting it sit for few, (noticed it mostly dripped off..) I wiped down/dryed off the bike with the Micro fiber towel rags. Took three rags before it was almost dryed off (they don't work well when wet...no duh.. lol).

It looked ok, but the KN intake didn't shine up so nice.... and there was some white resdue in every nook and crany I couldn't get to....

Argh...:small3d024:

I keep my micro fiber rags separate, when I am done they get washed right away with NO fabric softener, I am told this fuses the micro fibers

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't dry the MF rags in the dryer either; they shed like crazy.
They are dirt magnets; if it touches the floor, toss it in the hamper; DON'T USE IT! If you think it's okay, then take a handheld flourescent and take a close look at your paint. You are gonna be very sorely disappointed.
The flourescent is also good for detailing; got mine at HF for about $18.

Wow, and I've had a can of lemon pledge under the kitchen sink for years because I never use it anymore, lol. I guess a little experementing is in order! lol.

What also works well is Spray-Away glass cleaner from Costco. It does not contain ammonia and cleans chrome and lexan well. I have also used on Paint.

ha ha ha.....I know what you don't want to do.......don't use those paper towels by the pumps cause they will scratch the blank out of your tank....don't ask me how I know that.:shock

Back