free website stats program Please help i killed it | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Please help i killed it

You can save yourself some money and drain and inspect the oil yourself. If there is metal shavings in the oil it won't be hard to see. Cutting open and inspect the filter is also a easy task.

08 Heritage Softail. still have the xl1200 but never updated my profile. Ultracool tried to back pedal but now says they sent claim to their insurance carrier. We will see. I have an action plan and will execute it as needed.

08 Heritage Softail. still have the xl1200 but never updated my profile. Ultracool tried to back pedal but now says they sent claim to their insurance carrier. We will see. I have an action plan and will execute it as needed.

Good luck dealing with a insurance company, if Ultracool wanted to make it right with you and stand behind their product they would have.

Let us know how it turns out.

Best of luck to you. I hope that the insurance coverage has consequential damage waiver and not just cover the failed product. Were you within the 1 year warranty?

im a products liability adjuster so know how to handle this.

The oil cooler is their product and under a CG0001 policy any damage to the product itself is specifically excluded. However any resulting bodily injuries or property damage that is caused by their product is covered. Coverage should not be an issue if in fact they did file the claim.

I asked them when the whole thing started to notify their insurance company. Insurance companies hate to have late notice of a claim and can be a basis for denial of coverage.

im a products liability adjuster so know how to handle this.

The oil cooler is their product and under a CG0001 policy any damage to the product itself is specifically excluded. However any resulting bodily injuries or property damage that is caused by their product is covered. Coverage should not be an issue if in fact they did file the claim.

I asked them when the whole thing started to notify their insurance company. Insurance companies hate to have late notice of a claim and can be a basis for denial of coverage.

Good for you...........

I could be wrong but I don't think a rubber hose breaking, cracking or getting hard due to age will be covered. If the cooler itself failed I can see them maybe covering some of the claim.

I hope for your sake and pocket book your right.

the hose is their product. Of course it is covered under their CGL policy and its failure is their negligence. Trust me I deal with this stuff daily, will have no trouble winning this in court if it has to go that way.

The only thing that will be excluded on a CGL policy is the product itself, basically they will deny the replacement cost of the hose, which was less than 10 buck. The big surprise to them is going to be loss of use which i am entitled to in the state of FL. 100 per day is the cost to rent a harley. Reasonable down time will be likely 3 weeks from the time it failed, possibly 4 since i put them on notice of their right to inspect and the time table. Do the math, loss of use can exceed the repair cost if the drag their feet.

Back