free website stats program pipes dragging | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

pipes dragging

Thanks for the feedback guys and by the pics it looks as if i may have to make a pipe change I will have to wait and see not if but when and how bad its going to be

thanks again

Not sure what you're asking here?

I'll attempt to make a long story short. Took a 7 day trip around lake Michigan with the bike fully loaded two up. I'm an 05 Ultra and the book recommends 35psi and adjust with bike on side stand unloaded. Brother in-law on 02 Classic is also two up and fully loaded, thought he might air up the shocks a bit due to this so brought his psi up from his normal 12 to 18. Floorboards scraping and sister laughing at that big bump and how she felt it. Carefully discussed air pressure and adjusted the classic to 35. No more bottoming, no more wallowing, no more scraping. Had a great trip, Mackinaw Bridge is scary.

That picture of that ultra going around that corner, she looks to be riding a bit low to me.

Doc Ultra I too was looking at putting M.O.s on my 09 Road King this year but when I see the picture you posted I my have to rethink. But are the 09 touring models not built higher /different with a new frame?

Back