free website stats program pipes dragging | Harley Davidson Forums

pipes dragging

45fish

I just purchased a ultra limited and put v@h power duals and monster ovals on it and now looking at how wide the pipes are i am wondering if they might drag in the corners.
On my 01 ultra i was always dragging the kick stand and floor boards.
I wont get a chance to ride till mid march to find out for my self

thanks

After 20,000 miles, I have not dragged mine. I have been told by people following me that they do come very close to dragging.

The MO's WILL drag if you get aggressive enough. I'd say that if you arn't dragg'n floorboards on a regular basis, not much to worry about other than slow speed stuff into driveways, etc. One nice prevention method is to add 1inch floorboard extentions. Floorboards float but the pipes don't.

I'm obviously new here and don't know how to post pics yet but I can post a link to a great pic of an Ultra with MO's in a turn. Is it against the forum rules to post a link to a pic?

If you need help yell one of us will walk you thorough posting you pictures in the different ways it can be done

Thanks Smitty. I do have a pic in photobucket that I'd like to post for this thread. I tried clicking on the insert image icon (above) and then pasting the direct link to the photobucket pic but no dice.

Thanks.

Doc, I would be interested in seeing those also. Hurry up and post some stuff so you can ad the link! :D

In the meanwhile you can paste this (below) into your browser and take a look at just how close the MO's are to scraping on a stock Ultra. This pic is not me. But my buddies tell me that my bike looks just like this in the hard corners and that they can't believe how close the MO's are to touching down sometimes. I figured it was just a matter of time so I sold them before I ruined them. Went with Bub 7's. They give me that extra clearance plus and I like the sound MUCH better than the MO's.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii155/scubalab/MO-clearance1.jpg

Gee thanks DOc, I was thinking of putting on the MO's but after that picture I may change my mind as I like the corners and wouldn't like scraping the ground with pipes at thier price

Back