free website stats program Past two weeks have not been good | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Past two weeks have not been good

Brian,

I agree. That's why I have the Suzuki. I went to have some work done on my Harley and they wanted $2000 to repair it. I was like for another $2000 I could buy another bike. I looked at another Harley, I believe was a Dyna. They wanted $4500 for it. I got the Intruder for $3800 but was worth at the time $5500. I love riding my Harley but when it's down I can still go riding.

I also fixed the Harley myself and saved another $2000 too. That shop probably belongs in the not to go to thread.

The most bikes i have ever had at one time was 5 but currently at 3 and that is probably enough one for me one for the wife and one for spare however it is 3 years since i last bought a bike bank account is healthy so if i bump into one i like i might just buy

Brian

Hopefully the dark clouds are behind you and nothing but sunny roads ahead.
Everything happens for a reason....:)

Troubles on some rides, make the no trouble rides even more enjoyable. Thanks for sharing the story, I felt some of your frustration.

Brian,

I agree. That's why I have the Suzuki. I went to have some work done on my Harley and they wanted $2000 to repair it. I was like for another $2000 I could buy another bike. I looked at another Harley, I believe was a Dyna. They wanted $4500 for it. I got the Intruder for $3800 but was worth at the time $5500. I love riding my Harley but when it's down I can still go riding.

I also fixed the Harley myself and saved another $2000 too. That shop probably belongs in the not to go to thread.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well all is well that ends well... You can ask the questions for any problem and I'd bet we have a few members who will post the correct response.. Fixing Our own bikes is What we're about..:small3d029:

signed....BUBBIE

Good story, glad you got it all sorted out, sorry to hear of all that bad luck, Joe is right tho here in Florida when it rains it pours, Welcome to the Forum and sharing with us:s

speaking of master chain links. in the 70'd i used to cut a coke can pop-top
about 3/16x5/8" and wrap it aroung the clip on the master link. does anybody still do this? just wondering. hope your summer is the best riding time ever .lb

Back