free website stats program parts on line | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

parts on line

I shop online too. I particularly like Zanotti's and Grand Rapids Harley. I have bought from others too. If fact it has been a couple years since I bought anything or have even been to my local dealers place. The shame of it is they are only 7 or 8 miles from where I live. I can only take so much of a beating and I develop a urge to go somewhere else for need parts and certainly for a bike purchase. My current ride was purchased new from a dealer 200 miles away and I had such a good experience with them, I will most likely buy my next one from them too.
If you have a good dealer with good folks working at it, then you are fortunate and especially if it is close to you. :s

but lots of dealers are dying of greed. Decent profits and good service = success.
Gouging and erogance = closure.

Yep. What an Awesome franchise it must be to have & own. What a Product line. Incredible customer desire for ownership. Unimaginable market share. Support from the MOCO that is matched by none.

But in the wrong hands, a Titanic.

1 thing to consider when saving a buck online.Lately whe're seing "local dealer closing" threads on here.While Im all for saving a buck, it can come at a heavy price.

Just a few short years ago I could travel just a few short blocks to my local hardware and be greated by a knowledgable owner.Now Im traveling 2 towns over to a Home Depot and being helped by kid who doesnt know the difference between copper or cast.

While I agree some of the dealers are flat out goudging and need to go.Id also urge those that have good local service to keep them around.If that means paying an extra dollar here or there, its well worth the alternative in the long run.

Your philosophy is no doubt well intended and I partially agree,
When it's a part or series of parts and my local H-D dealer does not stock what I need I can order them online and have them in two or three days instead of the week to ten days from my local dealer for 20% less plus UPS.
I always check both on line and dealer prices if I can save fifty $ or more, well what would you do?
Saved $218 on the 103" upgrade parts, as an example. I still spent over a hundred and fifty at the local H-D for chrome bolts, filters, oil, gaskets and "O" rings,
Al

:USA
:CONNECTICUT

WOW... Rochester has a dealer ...was nothing there when I grew up there...anyway I had looked in the book of a major on-line parts company for an ignition and was really surprised to find it cheaper at my local dealer in Central Florida...made me realize not to assume the prices are cheaper on-line all the time

I have had great luck with online dealers. But I am always a bit concerned about what will happen if I need to return something.

Rick does bring up a good point and is the reason why I balance wants and needs with nod to supporting local dealer if they are within 10-15% (they offer 20% discount all the time if I ASK).

Eleft36 you are right. Zanottio's is where i got mine.i agree support a good local dealer,but i'm retired and 168.00 was too much to pass on.

Back