free website stats program parts on line | Harley Davidson Forums

parts on line

mustanged

Why can one harley shop sell parts cheap and another can't? I live in south fl and i just saved 168.00 from an on line dealer .don't know if i can say names. I got the parts ups in 3 days.

Power of the internet my friend. I think the dealers who adopted and incorporated solid on-line sales programs are making a tad more profit from higher volume sales so, in turn, they pass the savings on to us (nice). I got a new leather jacket for $280 & it retialed in my local HD shop for $375 - of course they didn't price match so I ordered the on-line & $aved some ca$h for new hand grips which were pretty much free b/c I bought from the same dealer (discounted too).

Why can one harley shop sell parts cheap and another can't?

Because the MOCO has not said they can't. I have a local dealer that actually charges 10% over MSRP on common items like filters and gaskets. Talk about an insult.

It all comes from the parent company if it will be allowed. A good example is the Stihl corporation that makes lawn equipment. You will NOT find anyone, anywhere discount a part or New piece of lawn equipment made by Stihl. From the orders of the parent company, everything is MSRP, period. Do not follow the rules, and you will loose your franchise. Hopefully that never happens to HD parts or products.

EBay is a good place to look for parts too. I saved $250. by buying backrest,side plates,Rack,Pad and mounting hardware on EBay and it was all NEW in H-D box`s & H-D labels.

Why can one harley shop sell parts cheap and another can't? I live in south fl and i just saved 168.00 from an on line dealer .don't know if i can say names. I got the parts ups in 3 days.

If you have had good service from a supplier in both speed of delivery and price then that is good info to pass on to other forum users so yes you can say names

Brian

1 thing to consider when saving a buck online.Lately whe're seing "local dealer closing" threads on here.While Im all for saving a buck, it can come at a heavy price.

Just a few short years ago I could travel just a few short blocks to my local hardware and be greated by a knowledgable owner.Now Im traveling 2 towns over to a Home Depot and being helped by kid who doesnt know the difference between copper or cast.

While I agree some of the dealers are flat out goudging and need to go.Id also urge those that have good local service to keep them around.If that means paying an extra dollar here or there, its well worth the alternative in the long run.

While I agree some of the dealers are flat out goudging and need to go.Id also urge those that have good local service to keep them around.If that means paying an extra dollar here or there, its well worth the alternative in the long run.

Agreed. I supprt when possible.

There are exceptions, but lots of dealers are dying of greed. Decent profits and good service = success.
Gouging and erogance = closure.

I deal a lot with Rochester (NH) HD. I price my parts on line/e-bay, call them and get their price and if I can tell them where I found a better price and who the dealer was that advertised it they always drop their price to beat the one on-line. They also ship it to my house for free (it is suppossed to be for orders over $100.00 but they have never charged me).

Back