free website stats program Parts Help | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Parts Help

Good Deal finding the problem and repairing it yourself. Being a Millwright with plenty of SnapOn tools I am sure helped. Suggest some of the money you saved be put towards the HD Service Manual if you don't have it...best $60 you ever spend (there are HD Internet discounters like Zanotti's that can help ease the bite on the wallet. :D

Where are you in Canada? As soon as I saw the name Deeley I knew you were paying at least double. I usually order from Chicago HD and have had great luck getting my parts and support when maybe something isn't right? The only downside is they take awhile to come? In Canada we pay a minimum of double the US price because Deeley and HD made a deal 50 years ago. Usually though the price from Chicago HD is less then half , then they knock of 20% more which generally pays shipping. There is no duty on Harley Davidson parts coming in from the USA so that is nice too. Ps.. I agree with the the others. Get a manual (real hd manual) and a parts book. I have caught them at the parts counter trying to give me wrong part but I have parts book and knew better. Just my two cents. Hope that helps. :)

What Dogmeat says and:
Make sure you find ALL those cut-off splines from your rotor. On mine, a couple of them were resting peacefully in between the crankshaft splines -inside the seal. You have to look real carefully, or better yet; count them!

Back