free website stats program Parade Flag Mount | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Parade Flag Mount

Agreed! I'll probably dress mine up a little with stainless or chrome acorn nust instead of cheesy grade 5 bolts... Maybe even run it through the buffing wheel and polish it up a little. I think it will be awesome. the only down fall is its a two-up setup. Still looking for something for the solo style...

Correct. Old Glory goes on the right if there are two flags or just the one, but can also be mounted in the center. I will fiddle around with some ideas and when I get done will post up some pictures. I'm hoping to find a 3X5' flag mounted to an 8' pole that can be adjusted down to 4' for traveling. I want to get the wife to make a cover sack to go over the flag when it's rolled up for travel. Then can unroll for parade. Or take it off and expand the pole to 8' for standing the line with PGR.
Just an aside. The flag on the right is from the point of view of the observer. Are you mounting for observing from the front or the rear? Been wondering about that.:eam

Just an aside. The flag on the right is from the point of view of the observer. Are you mounting for observing from the front or the rear? Been wondering about that.:eam

Flages are mounted on the back of the bike so it must be from the rear.

All I know is that with just the american flag it can be centered or on the right. If there are other flags the US flag goes on the right and the other flag is on the left. Left and right as you are sitting on the bike. If it were a cage, the US flag goes on the passenger side...

I just looked at several mission pictures and the American flags are mounted on the right side of other flags as viewed looking at the back of the bike.

Left and right side of any vehicle are always from the driving/riding position

Brian

Back