free website stats program Pain between shoulder blades- change handlebars? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Pain between shoulder blades- change handlebars?

Wow!

Tell your wife thanks for the exercise tip. I do one for the lower back on the bed raising one knee at a time to the chest, then both. I'll be adding this one to my daily exercise. You are right about the pain. I swear, I couldn't stand up. Probably from cramps in my spine muscles now that you pointed this out it makes sense. I'm headed for the doorway now...

I too have the pain in between my shouder blades, particularly after a good ride. I'm 6'4", and the stock bars on my 09 Road King leave a bit to be desired.

For the last week I've ridden every day and have that tight pain up high in my back.

Just tried that stretching excercise and, WOW!, that's amazing.

Big thanks Redman!

Had a similar problem with pain between the shoulder blades when riding a motto guzzi le mans mark 2 due to all my weight being placed down on the arms (had clip on bars)
i found on that bike that once over 90 enough wind came over the fairing to support my body weight and the pain went (120 mph was really comfortable)
so the real answer is to remove the weight of your body from your arms
you'll need to find out the best posn for your height and weight then find a set of bars that put you there

Brian

I also had Pain between shoulder blades with my 06 heritage, it was the 18" Chubby Apes,I switched to 518 Wild 1, 1/14 bars,4''risers, and the pain was gone.

Last edited:
Richard, a pain CURED with a divorce is a type of analgesic recommended probably by the ex- to relieve the pain betewen your eyes...be careful, might also have some lead involved so I would not recommend that Rx...:small3d015:

It was over 20 years ago, but I had a terrible pain between my shoulder blades too.

It was cured by a divorce.

OH...wait a sec....that pain wasn't caused by my bike, and it wasn't between the SHOULDER BLADES.

I got one of them once but was stupid enough to get hitched again but that ones been going for 25 years now

Brian

I dont think current wife has ever complained about my bikes she just lets me do my own thing
also she is a touring coach driver she comes home on friday night (always needs help to wash bus) has to work every second saturday and is away early monday morning
and if im really lucky she isnt home for over 2 weeks and i can drink beer on friday night rather than wash a bus

Brian

Back