free website stats program P0152 - Rear Oxygen Sensor High | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

P0152 - Rear Oxygen Sensor High

So what ya find out? Did ya get the ride in and did the code reset? Was your millage any better and what did you plug look like? Sorry just curious. :33:

Well, as always, my plans changed. I ended up calling the dealer and he talked me into bringing it in since it's under warranty and wouldn't cost anything. I topped off my gas tank with only 140 miles on the odometer but got about 42 MPG so the mileage seems to be back up in the normal range. I read somewhere else that as long as the code is present, the bike stays in open loop mode - maybe my resetting the codes returned it to normal fuel programming.

The dealer called a little while ago and said everything was fine. Nothing wrong with the sensors or wiring. He said it only takes a brief moment for this code to be set, even during start up.

As a side note, the tech that wrote up my ticket upon arrival at the dealer gave me a bunch of grief over my resetting the codes myself. Said that wiped out the historical memory. I told him, "That's why I'm telling you it was a P0152." He pretty much acted like I wasn't supposed to know how to do that and he didn't just want to believe me. When he asked why I reset them, I explained that I wanted to see if it was a historical problem or if it was a condition that still existed and the only way to do that is to reset the codes, run the bike, and check the codes again. He grunted something unintelligible and wandered away.

I guess in Harley's dream world, we're all a bunch of rich morons who barely have enough brain power to start and ride our bikes bit have NO idea how to maintain and troubleshoot them. All they want is the blank check, not a rundown on what we've already done to help solve a problem.

I found a B1008 in the speedo section of the manual.
=========================================================
Lancer; Where did you find that information? I have looked all through my 2007 service manual, all I find in speedo is R & R. I wouldn't think '08 manual is that much different ( or is it? ).
thanks

I found a B1008 in the speedo section of the manual.
=========================================================
Lancer; Where did you find that information? I have looked all through my 2007 service manual, all I find in speedo is R & R. I wouldn't think '08 manual is that much different ( or is it? ).
thanks

I have a copy of the 08 touring manual on CD. I just searched on 1008 and it pulled up just what Dr. D was having a problem with. It was in the Electrical Diagnostics Section

2.11 DTC B1008
General.............................................................................2-30
Trip Odometer Reset Switch Closed.........................2-30
Diagnostics.......................................................................2-30
Diagnostic Notes.......................................................2-30

Lancer

Last edited:
Well, as always, my plans changed. I ended up calling the dealer and he talked me into bringing it in since it's under warranty and wouldn't cost anything. I topped off my gas tank with only 140 miles on the odometer but got about 42 MPG so the mileage seems to be back up in the normal range. I read somewhere else that as long as the code is present, the bike stays in open loop mode - maybe my resetting the codes returned it to normal fuel programming.

The dealer called a little while ago and said everything was fine. Nothing wrong with the sensors or wiring. He said it only takes a brief moment for this code to be set, even during start up.

As a side note, the tech that wrote up my ticket upon arrival at the dealer gave me a bunch of grief over my resetting the codes myself. Said that wiped out the historical memory. I told him, "That's why I'm telling you it was a P0152." He pretty much acted like I wasn't supposed to know how to do that and he didn't just want to believe me. When he asked why I reset them, I explained that I wanted to see if it was a historical problem or if it was a condition that still existed and the only way to do that is to reset the codes, run the bike, and check the codes again. He grunted something unintelligible and wandered away.

I guess in Harley's dream world, we're all a bunch of rich morons who barely have enough brain power to start and ride our bikes bit have NO idea how to maintain and troubleshoot them. All they want is the blank check, not a rundown on what we've already done to help solve a problem.

Hey good enough Doc..thanks..and the code thing..i ask the guy at Rapid City HD how to pull code ..he told be due to liability he was not permitted to tell me. I kinda thought yeah thats job security...lol i left it at that. My Bike had set a code and we were heading back to Missouri..the code it set indicated a battery problem which he found was loose cable. They did not charge me btw and i must say I was at there mercy..They did NOT stick it to me in fact they did not charge me anything and i tied up there service tech for at least 40 minutes So Hats off to Rapid City HD.

Hey good enough Doc..thanks..and the code thing..i ask the guy at Rapid City HD how to pull code ..he told be due to liability he was not permitted to tell me. I kinda thought yeah thats job security...lol i left it at that. My Bike had set a code and we were heading back to Missouri..the code it set indicated a battery problem which he found was loose cable. They did not charge me btw and i must say I was at there mercy..They did NOT stick it to me in fact they did not charge me anything and i tied up there service tech for at least 40 minutes So Hats off to Rapid City HD.

Well great.....now I'm sure I've voided my warranty by pulling my own codes.....and then having the audacity to reset them myself! :lolrolling

Originally Posted by ultrat
I did the WOW check on my o9 ultra P55PEb any body know what this means tx TOM

I searched for that code and various combinations in the 08 manual and came up with nothing. Must be new to the 09

Lancer

I checked the 09 manual and also came up with nothing.

Back