free website stats program Ouch! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ouch!

I can somewhat relate. I watched my older brother take a spill after buying him a new bike and telling him he needs to start riding. I felt so guilty for what happened. He was in the hospital for a week and it took a few months before he was back to normal. But that did not stop him. Everything worked out and he got back on top to ride some more.
Hope everything works out and your Son gets back on the Iron Horse.

I can definately relate to the feeling guilty part...

Sorry to hear the bad news praying for a speedy recovery

Hope all goes well for him but the memories last forever. I hope he does some serious practicing if he is going to ride again.

Prayers for a full and speedy recovery. Back on the horse and practice,practice,practice. Ride safe.

I hope for a speedy recovery. Panic can create many a mistake. Hopefully he will be able to outgrow that error mentally and be the wiser next time.

Bait please try not to beat yourself up over this, it could have happened to anyone, yes i know hes your son and he just starting to ride and has taken a tumble, im sure he will once healed get back up and carry on riding, i could not stay off mine even tried to build a support for a cast when i came off mine.

I am not beating myself up (now), but I did push him a little harder than I should have; I wanted to get in that last ride before I went back to work. My son and I don't have a lot in common; he thankfully takes more after his Mother, so it is great that we both have a common interest. He has ridden dirt bikes and taken a couple of minor spills so he should be back at shortly!

As much my fault as his; if not more so.

Natural to feel this way as his father but not true. You were in the lead and were well under the speed limit. Just a very sad merging of inexperience and sneaky road conditions.

Back