free website stats program Ouch | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ouch

Jake: I also am glad you're O.K., I read this thread right after reading joyfling's update on her past brush with reality. I know it's just a bike, but when you pick yourself up and dust yourself off, and you realize you're O.K. (although soon to be sore for several weeks), you start to dread you're poor bike and what it had to suffer in the experience.

Still....glad you're O.K.

Glad your ok as said before parts are easily replaced, and our pride heals easier than our bodies, At least at my age, Im not old but I dont bounce as well as I used to either!!!

Glad your ok. ive done the same thing but went down alot faster. sounds like your skill saved your skin. gravel is a curse.

our pride heals easier than our bodies, At least at my age, Im not old but I dont bounce as well as I used to either!!!

At my age, it's probably a good thing that my shape is round. That way I rolled in the dirt and did not bounce. :lolrolling

No problem Gasgauge....Completely understandable. :s

Jake, I only wished I would have bounced....I think I hit with more of a thud. :D

Regardless, I am glad we are both here to talk about everything. :s

I will add that even though the bike was really the least of my concerns at the time, I was really glad that it started right up & I could ride it the mile back up the road to our house so hubby didn't have to come looking for me. :D

We really need to be careful out there, everything is out to get us, even cows. :p

We really need to be careful out there, everything is out to get us, even cows. :p

One would think that nature would not be so unkind to us. Take asphalt for example; It just lays there, doesn't move or anything, how could it hurt you? A little gravel? Just lays there, not moving, not like it's smacking you in the face as you ride by. A ditch or rut in a grassy area? why worry? It's a passionless, non-moving, geographic feature. Yet somehow, things like this rear their ugly heads and bite us in the most unappealing areas. And don't get me started on those violent, rabid animals that lurk on and around the roads. Now these guys plot against us. Timid deer? Those suckers are homicidal. And those cute little squirrels? Gangsters waiting for you to innocently pass by so they can run under your tires. Believe me, they are real slick on the inside. Oh yea, oak trees. Ever ride around a corner only to play tag with a bunch of acorns?

:lolrolling :lolrolling :lolrolling

Ok guys and gals. The point is, it's easy to get hurt out there. Pay attention to the road, what is on it and around it. If you can't do that, stop and smell the roses until your head clears. Ride safe so you can ride another day.

Jake

Back