free website stats program Ordered my 2011 Fatboy,,need advice | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ordered my 2011 Fatboy,,need advice

I bought my Fatboy used. I also had not ridden, for me over 20 years, due to military rotations and finances. I had to wait a couple of months to ride also due to a scheduled MSF Class, a requirement for Florida riders now. I found the Fatboy easy to learn on and handle. It all came back to me pretty quick. Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new ride!
Thanks for the support, they say mine should be here in Feb. Ordered it in Nov

Good deal. Post up some pictures as soon as you get it and can. I agree with what some of the other guys say also. I wouldn't go right out and buy a bunch of accessories for the bike until you figure out what kind of riding you're going to do. That will determine what you will need.

Kind of picky with my add ons but the seat would be the first thing. Then a tool bag that fit above the headlight and not on the forks. Another thing would be leather saddlebags that I can throw over my shoulder and not permanently fastened. Is the FB set up stage one? Quite a few things to think about.

But like the man posted earlier in the thread, break it in first, get use to it.

Thanks for the reply, not sure what stage one is, The only thing I ordered it with is ASB security option.
Thanks again everyone!!

I might as well jump in here and say good choice of bikes.

This is coming from a just-joined member of this forum, and a first time bike owner of a 2011 FatBoy that I've been riding for 5 weeks now.

I took my MSF course last fall and immediately got my endorsement, then got my FB last month. I commute back and forth to work whenever the weather is decent, as well as every chance I get on weekends. Will have winter gear by the time I need it. :)

I was a little hesitant about starting this at 57 years old, but I am loving it!!! Some friends have said that they believe that biking has always been in my blood, I just needed to get some wheels under my (EDIT). :)

I added a windscreen and engine guard at purchase, and added a sissy bar this past weekend, otherwise it is stock. Well, also got the chrome instead of brushed wheels.

The enamel black and all that chrome makes for one beautiful bike, and I get nothing but compliments from everyone who sees it. It goes without saying that it is a great ride!

My advice, and that which has been offered here, is ride it for a while before you decide to start accessorizing. I knew what I wanted up front, but now just waiting to see what needs or desires crop up.

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
mmancuso welcome to the forum and congrats on your new FB.

Sorry to say but you will probably be getting a slap on the wrist for language used in your post. Keep it clean and all will be good.

mmancuso welcome to the forum and congrats on your new FB.

Sorry to say but you will probably be getting a slap on the wrist for language used in your post. Keep it clean and all will be good.

Thanks, but I didn't realize I had used any "dirty" language.

Edit: And now I see what was considered offensive. Wow, but OK. :)

If you are considering saddle bags you will be limited on size if you keep the stock exhaust. I changed my exhaust Vance 7 Hines Longshots and put on bags from Leather Pros. ....... I got a Sundowner seat which is much more comfy that the stock seat. Welcome to the forum.

Dave

I got the Sundowner with mine also.....didn't realize it was not the stock seat.

Yea, it is very comfortable!

Back