free website stats program Oops! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Oops!

I have tried soldering abs/speed sensor wiring. I used rosin core solder (used for electrical wiring) but in over half, the extra resistance in the connection was enough to trigger the abs light. How I use shrinkable butt connectors and it hasn't been a issue. They can kinda look tacky, if out in the open, but an legitimate fix in the auto industry.
Glad you found a new harness to repair it properly.

Take care and ride safe eh!!:D

Found the part on flea-bay for 40 bucks. May order it and hold off on reassembly. Stealer wants 90. Glad there's snow and ice on the ground or I would be 90 bucks poorer. Thanks for the quick replies.

I say $40 to fix an oops is a good deal. Go for the replacment!

Barttoday, Chopper & Fin_676 reflect my feelings. If you were on the road, the splice would be temporary at best, with your bike "tucked in, safely at home" the "Opps fund" Chop referred to is a very good idea to cover the "peripheral" damage that usually occurs when doing a "routine" job...not that THAT would ever happen...:newsmile08:

My oops fund got trashed when car failed mot on 22nd dec had a replacement by 24th but oops fund now empty so id better be carefull for a while

Brian

Uhh-ohh, be careful Steve the "Round Tuit" and Oops scenarios have a tendancy to play out in opposite directions from what we like...! :newsmile055: :newsmile093:

Back