free website stats program Oops! | Harley Davidson Forums

Oops!

barttoday

I was swapping out my lower sliders for the chrome ones and snapped the wire going to my ABS harness on the front wheel. I spliced it back together and it seems to be working fine. Do you guys think this will be ok, or should I just go ahead and replace it? I wanna do it before I put the wheel back on if I should and I am not sure of the cost. Thanks.

As its on the front of the bike itll be a week spot for the abs system and in the right place to catch water grit etc
so if it were mine id definatley replace it
i think you also think it should be replaced or you wouldnt have asked the question

Brian

A good solder repair should work but if you're like me you have a Oops fund, just take it out of that. Better then doing the same job twice or having someone down the road ask what's that on that wire, and then you have to explain when they were giving out brains you thought they said trains and didn't bother to get in line.

As its on the front of the bike itll be a week spot for the abs system and in the right place to catch water grit etc
so if it were mine id definatley replace it
i think you also think it should be replaced or you wouldnt have asked the question

Brian

Yeah, I think I just needed the little push to go ahead and replace it. I'll always be thinking about it if I don't, and who knows, it may save my hide one day, or cause me to lose some??!!??:D

Found the part on flea-bay for 40 bucks. May order it and hold off on reassembly. Stealer wants 90. Glad there's snow and ice on the ground or I would be 90 bucks poorer. Thanks for the quick replies.

Order the part. You paid a lot of extra money for the ABS so you want it to work properly all of the time. The money out of your pocket is minimal compared to what it could cost you...not worth the risk.

Barttoday, Chopper & Fin_676 reflect my feelings. If you were on the road, the splice would be temporary at best, with your bike "tucked in, safely at home" the "Oops fund" Chop referred to is a very good idea to cover the "peripheral" damage that usually occurs when doing a "routine" job...not that THAT would ever happen...:newsmile08:

Last edited:
Back