free website stats program Only "old-timers" use Spectro??? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Only "old-timers" use Spectro???

I didnt really take offense to the old timers comment it would seem we old timers Know from tries and true what works old timers LOL taking offense a bad choice of words I guess when I was trying to be funny Oops maybe I have old timers diseaseLOL

Glider, can you tell/describe the difference you experienced when changing from Redline to Spectro for the transmission? I currently use Redline Heavy Shockproof and am very happy with it as compared to the HD lube.

Thanks,

They are both excellent products but I feel the Spectro wins out. To me it just feels a bit more slippery than the redline and I found as good as the redline is, it would take a short while in the really cold weather for it to warm up and shift good. In the warmer weather, there was no problems with the redline. Ease of installation and draining is better with the Spectro also over the redline.

Thanks Glider, I have been on the fence regarding trying it but from where I live I will have to purchase from the Internet. I live in Redmond, Oregon and they show there are Spectro dealers in area but NO ONE carries the Platinum 6 Speed lube. They also advised they would have to order a full case to carry it and they do not receive enough call for it to put it in inventory.

I will try to purchase on my next trip to Portland, Oregon (about 150 miles) which is a much larger city with considerably more motorcycle dealers and auto supply stores.

Thanks for your response, it has helped me get off the fence.

Roger

Jeepers Wally, I hope I never get old!

Come on, Luckily I still have a good memory and remember my Dad and Unkl Bill talking about how stupid "kids" were in the early 70s. Hey wait, that was us. hahahahahahahaha.

I guess we made it OK and now we are the guys talking about how stupid these kids are "now a days". And My dad and Unkl Bill are really old (in their 80s) and wishing they were young again (like us now). Wax poetic! (whatever that means)!

Get on your bike and go for a ride (before you are too old to ride)...It's coming faster than you think!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i contacted spectro on 12/23/09 and the vice president of sales rollin karoll from brookfield,ct. 1-800-243-8645 emailed me back and said i could use either the platinum heavy duty 75w140 or the 6 speed gear oil. he further stated he used the 6 speed gear oil in both his bikes.an 87 and 91 fxsts and is very happy with it's performance.he said i could use their synthetic 20w50 hd motor oil in the trans and that it exceeds hd syn-3 but he would recommend using the gear oil."it just makes no sense using motor oil in a transmission application." i choose to use the 6 speed because my 4th gear has always had a different sound to it and the 6 speed oil is suppose to help quiet down trans noise.it was a $1.00 a bottle difference and i figure on running it 10,000 miles between changes for now but results will tell. Motorcycle Parts, Discount Motorcycle Tires, Motorcycle Gear, Motorcycle Accessories | Jake Wilson had the 6 speed for $16.99 and the chaincase oil for $7.99 a quart with free ground shipping.Motocross apparel, mx gear, motocross boots, motorcycle helmets at Bobscycle.com also has it reasonable but did charge for shipping if under $150.00 per order. thanks for the info on mischlers in beaver dam,i am in janesville not too far away..

Back