free website stats program Only "old-timers" use Spectro??? | Harley Davidson Forums

Only "old-timers" use Spectro???

softailhog

I went into the local HD dealer on Saturday and asked the guy at the parts counter why they didn't carry Spectro for the tranny. His response was comical. He told me that they used to carry it but ran out and now "can't find it anymore". I mentioned two other dealers in the area (one an HD dealer) that carry it and he told me that they stick to HD oils since they think they are the best. Then he told me that they still get asked about Spectro but it's only the "old-timers". Did he mean that only long-term riders know about the value of a true gear oil or was he making a statement about my
young 56-year appearance?? Too funny talking to these guys!!!

He was no doubt a parts droid in his younger years that "knows it all" :D

It's been around a long time and is one of the better choices in oils.

They push the HD oils because that's where the better profit is for them.

Old timers, I take offense to that Spectro is a good product

Old timers, I take offense to that Spectro is a good product

I didn't take offense to it when he said it, I just thought it was humorous how he described people who asked about it. He's young (compared to me)
and by our conversation I'm pretty sure he meant long-time riders.

Smitty has it right, you log enough miles-you learn some stuff.

Trial and Error is old school method, and guess what, if someone else does the errors and trials I would be good with that...did enough errors in my day to go through more trials to find out what works best, the errors are best left for the young, they have more time to recover from mistakes...real or imagined!!!:D

Trial and Error is old school method, and guess what, if someone else does the errors and trials I would be good with that...did enough errors in my day to go through more trials to find out what works best, the errors are best left for the young, they have more time to recover from mistakes...real or imagined!!!:D

So true,so true.

:small3d031:Well, if this is true, then I guess I'm a 30 year young........old timer!! lol :newsmile100: Oh well! Thats ok with me....

I went into the local HD dealer on Saturday and asked the guy at the parts counter why they didn't carry Spectro for the tranny. His response was comical. He told me that they used to carry it but ran out and now "can't find it anymore". I mentioned two other dealers in the area (one an HD dealer) that carry it and he told me that they stick to HD oils since they think they are the best. Then he told me that they still get asked about Spectro but it's only the "old-timers". Did he mean that only long-term riders know about the value of a true gear oil or was he making a statement about my
young 56-year appearance?? Too funny talking to these guys!!!

The next time you see that young wipper snapper, tell him with age comes wisdom.

Back