free website stats program Ok members, another issue I have and need feedback. Please? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ok members, another issue I have and need feedback. Please?

Float needle with clip part number 27886-78A
should be the correct one for your carb if it is a stock carb

Brian

Verify the problem before working on the float valve. In this case, it should not be too difficult.

Enjoy,
Rich P

I don't remember if your age of bike has a vacuum shut-off on the tank valve???

If It does, It May not be shutting down when motor is off by vacuum, turning it off is a MUST DO..... Regardless the carb Float should stop gas flow.....IF it is the kind that does not shut off, the float is Again the problem IF a Lot of gas Is leaked into the engine and down the cylinders..
Not good at all..

Strong Gas Smell??? Like REALLY a lot of gas or just a mix gas smell???

I know it is hard to tell from even There How much is leaking, but the FLOAT should Stop ALL Gas regardless of the Tanks shut-off valve..

I'd Turn OFF the pet-cox every time you end a ride.. Right Now if it isn't off, a good time to start...

You may want to change the oil & filter IF you think enough gas has been there.

sorry, I can't help any more then that right now..

signed....BUBBIE

Joking IF you know a member is one thing BUT Not knowing, You are taking a chance of Hurting a serious question by a dumb answer....

WE all do it from time to time and I am guilty as any.. EH.

I am guilty of joking around. Sometimes folks are not in the mood for it. Hard to know that in advance. I think a bit of benefit of the doubt might be in order.

As for petcock...I always used to turn the petcock off, as well as teh ignition and run/stop switch. Just a matter of operation sequncing.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Re: Ok members, another issue I have and need feedback. Please? Post

I was asking a serious question "PSGTHRU"! I didnt ask for a smart remark at all as if im retarded. This is why some people dont ask questions on here is because you always have someone who wants to be cute. But, thanks to the ones who responded with a serious answer. It means a lot to get responses that could be the answer. Im learning here as many others are also. I may be blowing it out of context, but I take this very serious when it deals with my bike. Im already (EDITED) off to have issues with it. Thanks!:newsmile055:

can you buy a piece to repair the float valve? Or do I have to replace the whole carb in order to fix it?

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Bill

I can understand your point here but in the future, let the moderators deal with the replies that are not proper.

We don't allow any flaming or language on this forum and when there is, we deal with it in our own way. If you or anyone feels there was an inappropriate comment made and we didn't pick up on it for any reason, please send one of the moderators a PM and let us know and we will handle it.

"psgthru" will be well rested up when/if he returns.

Thanks

I owe the community an apology as well as the moderators for a word I used in a post. Im serious when I say im SORRY! Please accept my apology? I do really appreciate the responses from everyone. I hope everyone is having a good day!:KENTUCKY

Back