free website stats program Oil temp | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil temp

What i ment was the lower ferring for your legs. I've always called them lowers. I was just wondering if there is any problems with space when mounting a vertical oil cooler on the left downtube? I wanna make sure i can mount the cooler and have the lower ferrings still on the bike. I've never used an oil cooler in conjunction with the lower ferrings. Any help or info would be much apperciated, thanks.

I doubt you will have room to mount the verticle unit on the frame tube with the lower fairings on. I went for one of the 10 row low mount oil cooler set ups. Mounts on the VR studs, and is in front and lower than the VR.

I chose the oil filter adapter with the built in thermostat (185*F), but if I were to do it again, I would not. I think in the Winter, I would just cover the oil cooler instead. Of course they also make a by-pass valve, but that is just something else to leak at the hose connections, and I do not like the idea of leaving the oil sitting in the cooler for an extended period of time while the oil is by-passing it.

TQ

TQ I don't think that the bypass valve closes the oil off completely to the cooler. It is more of a restrictor then a shut off. I got my o/f adapter on eBay, it comes from China and is CNC milled billet and chrome plated. I think that it is a copy of the Jagg. It is quite a nice piece of work, I think that I paid around $60 shipped. Sorry that it came from China.
kemo

Well, to each his own I guess. I never was too thrilled with my ambient air temperature gauge on my FLHX. So, I bought a new water temperature gauge. It looks good. Say, does anyone know how to hook these things up?

Well, to each his own I guess. I never was too thrilled with my ambient air temperature gauge on my FLHX. So, I bought a new water temperature gauge. It looks good. Say, does anyone know how to hook these things up?

Well I have to throw a little jab your way :D

You'll find as bunch of info on installing a oil temp gauge, but a water temp gauge may be a little harder to come by :s

Sorry. I couldn't resist :)

Back