free website stats program Oil Temp Gauge | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil Temp Gauge

...same thing happened to me...I had the oil temp guage installed on my 06 Ultra...took it out for a ride and about 15 mins later turned around and headed back to the shop to tell them it wasn't working, LOL...fortunately it did start working before I got back to the shop...took about 20 to 30 mins for mine to warm up enough to move the needle......I've got the lowers off and have true duals which is suppose to make it run a little cooler......but it's a definite plus to be able to keep an eye on the temp.

took the gauge out and powered it up and it went to the 260 mark again. took the bike for a long ride and the gauge went to 300. sounds to me like the gauge is falty so im gonna call the dealer where i bought it from and see what i need to do to get another gauge. they didn't install it in their shop so i expect to get alot of (EDIT) from them about the return. it ought to be interesting

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Pull the entire thing sending unit and gauge. I had to do the same thing. The dealer didn't say a thing. If he has another one just swap it. It happens I had to do the same thing, with same problem you have.:p

The color of the light (stock HD gauges are amber) is determined by the color of a small rubber bulb condom (for the lack of a better description) that slides over the bulb before it is installed in the back of the gauge. Anybody who's a Pontiac fan like I am has to like soft red gage illumination. Anyone know where you can buy red colored bulb condoms to change the color of the illumination. I'm thinking leave the speedo and tach amber but change the volt gauge, fuel gauge, oil pressure and oil temp gauges to red.

Anybody?

Try your local TRUCK STOP! :s

this just keeps getting better and better. i spoke with the dealer that i bought the gauge kit from and they had me try test that i have already done several times. then they said to bring the bike in and they would check it but there would be a sevice charge. however they don't have another kit in stock and it is on backorder and not sure when thay will become available. its amazing how the simplist things can go wrong. does any body know of other kits that are out their that are similar to the harley kits. i know this sounds like a trivial problem but i have had temp problems since i have bought the bike new. i realize that this has been a big issue with harley but i just want peace of mind keeping an eye on my oil temp. its alot easier to watch a gauge than have further problems down the line with the engine.

Broncobob; I have a Hayden #275 in my Electra Glide. The font of the numbers is different, and the light tint is redder than my other gauges (even with the bulb cover removed). It goes to 320 degrees and is in stock at most O'Reilly Auto parts stores $40. The only thing I had to modify was the wiring plug in. Also, Marlins clocks.com advertises oil press gauges (and combo head temp) in magazines.

thanks for the information, i will have to find a store in my area and check it out, i assume that it comes with the sensor?

thanks for the information, i will have to find a store in my area and check it out, i assume that it comes with the sensor?

Everything is included. Nothing else to buy. I just had to make short wires to convert "lug" connectors on gauge to "blade" connectors on the HD harness. I attached a pic so you can see the difference in the numbers from other gauges. It would bother some people.

Attachments

• Instrument panel  with oil temp 009.jpg
    Instrument panel with oil temp 009.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 23
Back