free website stats program Oil Temp gauge and Oil Cooler | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil Temp gauge and Oil Cooler

I went to the web site you posted for HD Direct, did not see 09 FLHX listed on any of the part info. Do you think the gauge will fit on my 09 Streetglide?

Listed as:AP 21-GK61537C
Mcewen Oil Temp Gauge replaces Ambient Air Temp Gauge - For 2001-Up FLTRSEI Screamin Eagle, 04 FLTRI with fairing mounted gauges - Silver Face / Chrome Bezel $99.95

Ive done a little research on this since I am also in the market looking to install this gauge , It seems as though Mr george Mcewen is no longer making these for touring models , from what I read from other forums and if you find one it is old stock ,also from what I read about 09 models the face of the gauge is lite diffrently and or face it self is a little diffrent and does not look excatly rite ,this is just what I read,So dont take it as written in stone.

That's what I was concerned about. That it would not match my current gauges.
Went to the Harley shop today. They have their kit in stock, but it works with the oil filter attachment, which I don't want to have to install. Gauge matches though.

I originally installed the HD guage on my RG according to the directions, had to buy a different chrome cover also. Later, I moved the sending unit to the pan and reinstalled the original oil hoses. The wiring harness that came w/ the HD kit was plenty long enough to reroute to the new sender location in the pan. As outlined in the thread that glider passed along, a small amount of heat w/a propane torch on the pan plug goes a long way in ease of removal

Ive done a little research on this since I am also in the market looking to install this gauge , It seems as though Mr george Mcewen is no longer making these for touring models , from what I read from other forums and if you find one it is old stock ,also from what I read about 09 models the face of the gauge is lite diffrently and or face it self is a little diffrent and does not look excatly rite ,this is just what I read,So dont take it as written in stone.

Regarding the different light. On my stock gauges I had one light burn out and melt the vinyl cover on the bulb. I replaced that bulb with an amber bulb from an auto parts store, found it to be just a tad brighter than the rest so I ended up changing all four guage lights to these amber bulbs. They all are still well within matching the brightness of the speedo and tach bulbs on my 04 RG and I can get replacements 7 days a week if needed. Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone figures out a good choice for 09 touring models (Ultra) let me know. I would love to toss the worthless air temp guage out the door, but want a matched oil temp guage to replace it with. I had a freind install a HD oil temp guage and he said it was a pain in the rear. In fact he did it different than HD instructed. He rides an 06 Ultra. Any help is appreciated.

Hey robotoroadracer!
So the Harley Kit will work, just skip the adapter and install the sensor on the oil pan? Any adapters needed?

Glider, I did see that but I thought post #14 says it is not available for touring models. I am most likely confused, that happens a lot.:s

I think this might be what walleye is referring to ????? Sorry I listed the wrong member the 1st time

Last edited:
Back