free website stats program Oil Pump Problems | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil Pump Problems

9R RYDER

Recently rebuilt my engine,once we had completed engine I have experienced no oil to the top end of the rockers. I have pulled oil pump to ensure that there is no blockage and all is clear. Also have replaced push rods all seals in pump new gaskets and still can not get oil to the rockers nor is oil returning to tank.Oil pump is in good condition with minimal scaring.All gears in pump assy also in good shape. Unable to find ANY ISSUES WITH ANY OF THE ASSY. Please inform if you have experienced this type of problem.
Thanks 9RRYDR. .

I have not placed plugs in to crank over engine, just cranking to see if oil is flowing to top end. I have 5 lbs with just cranking over engine.

I have not placed plugs in to crank over engine, just cranking to see if oil is flowing to top end. I have 5 lbs with just cranking over engine.

You won't get oil to flow Just cranking it over, Especially if Newly rebuilt and dry...,, It needs to Run at a fast Idle for 2 minutes... Then it should have oil...Don't burn it up idling too long, ride it when warm,

signed....BUBBIE

Attach a master gauge and fire it up, without the engine running you are only guessing:s

Thank you, that was what I was thinking I should do.

Is it possible to have an air vapor lock to keep the oil from flowing?

Back