free website stats program Oil Pump Problem - Newbie in Virginia | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil Pump Problem - Newbie in Virginia

All is good. I didn't have two the push rod covers seated properly into the head. After a spring cap retainer fell off (!) last night I have alot of cleaning to do but no leaks.

How's this for a kick in the crotch. Washed, waxed, cleaned, scrubed, started bike - oil light stays on. Put a gauge on it - reading ZERO! Tearing it apart.

Tore the bike down again and the first gerotor is shattered. I guess I didn't put it on like the book said (thought I did). Could something else cause this? Bent main shaft? And could that be caused by overheating? I'm going for another pump and hope this one will work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I know it's been a long, long while. Believe me, I know! Took the spark plugs out to make the tire easier to spin in gear (5th) while tightening the oil pump up. Did all the other things I had to do. The weather is just starting to break in not quite northern Virginia and as of now I have about 250 miles on the new new pump (yep 2nd one). With the addition of the Amsoil I couldn't be happier. The shifting is so smooth I can barely hear when I shift, or is that the new V&H Short Shots? Any way it sounds good and runs good. Now as for the weather...

P.S. Change that mood to Stokin!

Back