free website stats program Oil light Buggin me | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil light Buggin me

Thanx BUBBIE ,This is my 2nd motor on this bike 1st one crashed an burned with 150,000 on it , got bout 4,000 on this reman motor,think i will change oil,new filter,install a gauge an be done with it,thanx for your responce

What reman motor did you get.. Stock 88 or the 95 inch... Does it have the shoes or the newer hydraulic tensioner in it?

If it has all the upgrades it should have the Newer Bigger oil pump... That is good...

I don't know anything about the reman program but have heard it is a good way to go... Smitty901 and HDDon say so,, so if they think so I think so out of respect for their KNOWLEDGE...

Smitty and Don, Send check to the usual place...

signed....BUBBIE

I have a road glide and when I start it up cold it does the same thing - not only does it take a bit longer for the light to go off, it also shows on the oil pressure gauge that it takes a little bit more time before it comes up -however I never noticed it until i started using synthetic oil (redline 20x60) I did in fact hook up a mechanical oil pressure gauge and all is fine - my guess is that synthetic oil is so slick that it drains down a lot quicker than the non syn. harley oil - and it takes a little more time to build up?

hmmm don't think syn oil would make a difference. i'm running mobil 1 v-twin 20w-50 and my oil light goes out as soon as it fires up

Well im a happy camper,put a napa oil filter on,the guy at the desk also a harley rider suggessted this filter to me ,pointed out the anti-drain back feature on it. It got dn to 42 dgrees this morn,went out about 7:30 fired it up,light went out immeitalty,will sleep good 2-night

Sounds about right... I've experience this with K&N filters before. Liked them because to the external nut making it easy to do the replacement. However, back to HD filters now.

Thanx Jack,That napa filter i put on did the trick,but is a bit shorter than the others i have used.any thing to worry about?

Thanx Jack,That napa filter i put on did the trick,but is a bit shorter than the others i have used.any thing to worry about?

Napa makes a pretty good filter, I have used them on older bikes but not on any newer ones, I think you will be OK:s

Back