free website stats program oil leak, 2012 ultra | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

oil leak, 2012 ultra

Ok got it. It was a pinched oring behind the starter which was leaking the oil. I can't buy anything new and not have something wrong with it.

Stage 2 upgrade is going in and should be down tomorrow or Sat.

Can't wait,

I have 1 question, did they come get the bike or did you have to deliver it? Glad you got it fixed, did they PDI the bike again OOPS 2 questions:s

I have 1 question, did they come get the bike or did you have to deliver it? Glad you got it fixed, did they PDI the bike again OOPS 2 questions:s

First I chose the dealer I got this from which is 3 hrs from where I live. I trailered the bike to them cause I was getting my stage 2 upgrade this week anyway.

Honestly I never even thought to call to see if they would pick it up since I had to take it in for the upgrades and the leak was not bad enough to prevent it from running.

Would HD of come pick it up and deliver it? It turned out ok cause my sister only lives 30 min from this dealer so I get to visit her while I wait this week using adjusted time from work which all worked out great for timing

First I chose the dealer I got this from which is 3 hrs from where I live. I trailered the bike to them cause I was getting my stage 2 upgrade this week anyway.

Honestly I never even thought to call to see if they would pick it up since I had to take it in for the upgrades and the leak was not bad enough to prevent it from running.

Would HD of come pick it up and deliver it? It turned out ok cause my sister only lives 30 min from this dealer so I get to visit her while I wait this week using adjusted time from work which all worked out great for timing

Most dealers offer this service, HMMMM, just for grins give them a holler maybe see since you delivered it and SAVED them some time and money that HOG would have covered any way MAYBE they would give you a deal on future work say like your UPGRADES:s

Update, After talking to the mechanic they found it was not the starter Oring, but instead it was the speed sensor Oring which is under the starter that was leaking my trans fluid out.

So now thats fixed and my stage 1 with 255 cams and D&D fat cat is all installed and running good

Just bought a brand spanking new 2012 Street Glide FLHX. Put 100 miles on it and stopped to have lunch, when I came out I noticed a puddle of oil on the ground under the tranny. Investigation revealed it was coming from the speed sensor located on top of the tranny and under the starter. It put oil on the under side of everything from there back. Talk about(EDIT)

So after checking the tranny fluid and letting my temper cool off, I rode to the Harley dealer carefully with fresh oil being put down in front of my rear tire the whole way. The Harley dealer does not have the part in stock so its 5 to 10 days to get it in. More(EDIT) If Harley monitors this they need to fix the speed sensor so it DON'T leak period. And that does not mean dipping it in RTV before installing it either.

Please read this...

HDTimeline Language Policy - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Back