free website stats program OIL filter question | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

OIL filter question

i found specs for the K&N
KN-171C Product Specifications
Product Style: Oil Filters
Height: 4.055 in (103 mm)
Outside Diameter: 2.98 in (76 mm)
Thread Inside Diameter: 3/4" UNF
PSI Relief Valve: 13.63
Anti Drain Back Valve: Yes
Style: Canister
Finish: Chrome
Weight: 0.8 lb (0.4 kg)
Product Box Length: 3.25 in (83 mm)
Product Box Width: 3.25 in (83 mm)
Product Box Height: 4.25 in (108 mm)

any body has specs for hd filter

Being as those are mainly mechanical specs, the HD made by Champion, would be similar if not identical as the K&N patterned theirs to fit, JMO

FYI - the primary distinguishing feature of the K&N that most people buy is the convenient nut on the end to facilitate removal without special oil filter wrench. I use a 3 "finger" gear closure type that fits virtually any size oil filter or type including the smooth bodied Drag Specialties one on my bike originally. The standard HD filter has fluted end, for use with an oil filter fluted "cap" wrench with 3/8" square receptacle for 3/8" drive reversible ratched wrench.

FWIW

If you use other than a HD filter and have an engine failure or even a part failure due to oil supply or even something that can be remotely tied to oil supply, what do you think the dealer as well as the MOCO will tell you if you have another brand filter on your bike ? :D

Now I hated to bring this up because it annoys me the way they get out of a waranty issue like this but isn't it worth using the HD brand and not chancing a filter made by a company other than who supplies the filters for HD.

This alone is enough reason IMO to use the HD brand filter.

Back