free website stats program OIL filter question | Harley Davidson Forums

OIL filter question

XBAJBUSX

i just order k&N filter for my 2008 hd electra glide classic are those good filters?i was watching video and the guy stated that its best to use hd oil filters because they have some kind of valve in them ,so are those k&n filters gone work for my bike ?

Anything will work, it's a matter of how well they work. The relief valve/bypass valve in the HD filters is made for the engine and not to cover a few applications. I only use the HD filters to be sure.

Micron ratings are different as far as filtering too.

Damage? Not likely. Will the do the best for your engine...Not likely.

The micron rating as advertised by K&N is 10-20 microns, says a lot to me as compared to HD filters at 5 microns. That came directly from K&N tech support.

The bypass opening is 13.63 LBS pressure.

Feeling lucky ? :D

Last edited:
that sucks i just throw away 55 bucks .what is the hd filter part number for my bike its 2008 hd electra glide classic 96 cubic

I have not read on any web page, posting, or anywhere that anyone would use anything other than a HD filter as Glider says.

that sucks i just throw away 55 bucks .what is the hd filter part number for my bike its 2008 hd electra glide classic 96 cubic
How many miles on the bike? If your well past the break in stage The K&N Probably won't hurt anything and I'm sure it will do a fine job of filtering anyway. I know a few people that run nothing but the K&N and swear by them. One of those people is a Harley Mechanic. I run the H-D filter, mostly where I buy them The H-D filter is 2 bucks cheaper.

Damage? Not likely. Will the do the best for your engine...Not likely.

The micron rating as advertised by K&N is 10-20 microns, says a lot to me as compared to HD filters at 10 microns. That came directly from K&N tech support.

The bypass opening is 13.63 LBS pressure.

Feeling lucky ? :D

Don't you mean 5 micron?
for the HD

Back