free website stats program oil coolers | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

oil coolers

Oil cooler is one of the easier mods to do that actually improves the longevity of your ride with only a modest outlay of time and money. HD one is complete kit at a fairly low price...JAGG is the OEM who used to make the ones for HD and may be a little higher, but they offer more mounting and cooling options. Contrary to most comments, even in standstill traffic, the coolers with intercooling tubes have vanes inside contacting more surface area to the oil flow cooling the hot internal oil to the outer tube temperatures even if ambient is only 105 deg F.

http://www.hdtimeline.com/oil_related_tips/1781-jagg_oil_cooler_install.html

After much reading and research, I am going to get one and I am going with the HD cooler when I do. Not often you can stay with original equipment and still buy it at the same price as aftermarket or possibly even less. I also like the looks of the HD one better. Either way, it is a mod that can't hurt.

I installed the HD oil cooler on my '09 Ultra because I plan on owning this bike for a decade, installation was tricky as the gasket is a pain to line up but I like the look. Although I don't have a thermometer, I can tell the oil isn't as hot (less engine noise). I've read good things about the Jagg but I liked the HD look more. JMO

Back