free website stats program Oil cooler? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil cooler?

Cycleman, thanks for the post...should put to rest what most were "thinking" regarding oil temperature in practice on a late model bike. As time goes on and engine displacement grows with emission standards tightening a noose around air cooled design limits....can't deny the laws of physics of heat management and internal combustion engine efficiency. You have to laud H-D for its' amazing R&D. The devil is in the details! :devil

I have this cooler on my 94 softail and I have yet to see the temp gauge on the oil bag cap read more than 180, I was skeptical so one day I checked it with my deep fryer thermometer and they were within a few degrees of each other. Unfortunately that means there is probably not a thermostat in it.

The cooler is listed as a blenn-air on the build sheet that came with the bike also the motor is not stock its an 80in evo showing 101 hp at about 6200rpm's on the dyno sheet that also came with the bike.

Attachments

• DSCF0240.jpg
    DSCF0240.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 39
2 Orange Harleys has the 6 row Jagg for $134.95, adaptor for 89.95 or with thermostat for 124.95, anti rotation for 9.95. Just purchased about 2 monthe ago and am very pleased. I went with no thermostat because that is Jagg's recomendation. Total cost 234.85 + shipping. Can't beat it.

Hey DoctorDoug has the "best find" going. I went with the HD Cooler for 100 bucks more.... really does a fine job of dropping the Oil Temps from 250 to 270 down to 220 average.....I'm happy and I know my Engine is much happier... BUT....When it came to adding the True Track or Sputhe Stabilizer.....boy did I ever wish I'd gone with the Vertical Jagg's Cooler!!!! Did install the Sputhe unit which was said to me much easier than the True Track.....but it would have been so much easier with the vertical up outa the way Jagg's Cooler!!!

GARY

I would be curious to know what my oil temperature is at any given moment. Can anybody recommend a decent gauge for a dyna series bike?

hello. Good day. Ineed to install oil cooler for my 08 streetbob.But the problem is where can i buy that cooler. Im from philippines and this is my first HD> Thanks

Back