free website stats program Oil Cooler | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil Cooler

Hi Gang,

I am new to this forum but I have really learned alot and have enjoyed you input and advise. Now to my question...would it be a good idea to add an oil cooler on my RK? Does HD have a good one? I live in Vermont but I'm planning to buy a winter place in FL. Thanks

i put a jagg cooler on my bike. in the summer temps hover around 100 and the traffic gets thick in spots. Do it need it not sure, will it help most likely will it hurt no oh it's a 6 row horizontal, took about an 1.5 hr

Jagg has a 10 row cooler (10 rows give more cooling than the 6 row HD model) that mounts on the left side of the down tube. Little more expensive than the HD model but I think you get more for the money and the cooler is not mounted down low where it is subject to road debris.

10-Row Vertical Oil Coolers - Jagg Oil Coolers for Harley-Davidson Motorcycles

Yeah, and for the baggers they have the low mount version like the HD model that mounts in front of the voltage regulator behind the front wheel.

FLH 10-row Horizontal Lowmount Oil Coolers - Jagg Oil Coolers

TQ

have the hd oil cooler ready to install on my 09 rg. how the heck does the gasket work. looks like 2 slots fit over 2 nubs on adaptor but doesn't fit. help please. thx

have the hd oil cooler ready to install on my 09 rg. how the heck does the gasket work. looks like 2 slots fit over 2 nubs on adaptor but doesn't fit. help please. thx

No instructions with the kit? Post some pix of the stuff so we can see, too.

TQ

It surely can't hurt to install one. Once you're sitting still, after a certain point it will render itself useless without any air flow. At best, your oil will be a little cooler (from riding) when you do stop, and take a extra minute or two to get up to where it would have been, if you didn't have one. I can see where a cooler will buy you a minute or two while stopped, only because the oil will be a little cooler from the airflow right before you stopped. Other than that they really don't do much but lower your oil pressure.

Back