free website stats program Oh Man, which slip-ons? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Oh Man, which slip-ons?

First, I want to say thanks to the warm welcome. I've been a member of another forum for my Mazda Miata that I've converted to a Mustang Cobra V8 engine so familiar with forums. Sounds like I'll enjoy this one as well.

I decided to go with the Vance & Hines true duals and being installed as we speak. Got the chrome with black tips. I'll get a chance to check them out on the ride to Daytona for Bikeweek in March.

Again, thanks to all.

Attached is a pic of the chrome with black tip exhaust. It's not a pic on my bike but the pic from V&H website.

Attachments

• Vance-Hines-True-Duals.JPG
    Vance-Hines-True-Duals.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 24
New Limited on the way. My 07 had true duals, stage one with RUSH 1.75. Good setup. Always looking to do something different. On the new Limited I'm doing true duals, stage one, with???? I'm thinking Vance & Hines. What mufflers are those of you with V & H using? Monster Ovals? I want something that I can ride with on the open road & not have to use earplugs. The Rush 1.75 are a fairly mellow exaust. I want something near the same with a little deeper tone. Ideas??

Well, I just finished installing Fuel Moto's Performance package...

OMG.

It's like a new bike and it DOES come alive.

I went with Jackpot Dyno Tuned Pipes, PC-V, and the Fuel Moto Chrome Stage 1 A/C...also got the new billet end caps, in black, slash up.

Wow Wow Wow

I did a "Stage 1" to my 08 Dyna and I didn't see the performance increase I see on my 09 FLHTC.

This bike in my everyday driver, but I can't wait to give her a bath in the morning and go for a 300 mile ride tomorrow! :bigsmiley11:

Tbone,

I like your choice w/ FuelMoto's stage 1, their stage 2 is even better....For those of you that aren't familiar w/ them, you can visit this link:

I'm not affiliated w/ anyone...except for me. IMO, great numbers from a 96" motor.

tn49s30.jpg

Well, got the Vance & Hines True Duals with oval black tips and definitely feel and hear a difference. Deeper sound but can still hear the radio while cruising. That throttle "lag" you normally feel seems to be gone, it is a lot more responsive. The only I notice is occasionally you'll get a backfire when the engine is decelerating as you let off the throttle either to slow down or when changing gears. Not sure if that is normal.

Supposedly the shop that installed them gets the numbers for the fuel pak directly from V&H and the numbers to use are based on your bike.

Anyone have the same setup and get that occasional backfire? I'm just curious if that is something that can be tweaked in the tune or is it something I should eventually be concerned about?

Thanks,

Attachments

• DSCF1305B.jpg
    DSCF1305B.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCF1306B.jpg
    DSCF1306B.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCF1314B.jpg
    DSCF1314B.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 13
I also Went with the FuelMoto Dyno Tuned Jack-Pots with there power comander V And stage one air cleaner.

I like the sound of the slip ons and with the power commander the bikes runs much cooler.

I don't have the tips yet but will be adding the black slash downs soon.

+1 on the jack pots.

Back