free website stats program Oem or aftermarket battery? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Oem or aftermarket battery?

as long as you start your bike i dont see why it wouldnt but if you leave it sit around and it goes dead after so long they wont last from my point of veiw:hii

My battery started going bad very early, only 2yrs old and bike had 12k on it. Weak cranking and died very quickly. It did work and I used it another year and just replaced it last week , bike has 20k on it. bike is 08 and purchased march1 08.
Went with new HD battery as not much diff in price and dealer was more convenient than other sources.

Thanks guys, and girls. I did decide on a oem. Imo, it was worth the extra $ to have the piece of mind knowing I have a very good battery!

The stock battery in my '02 Road King lasted me 7 years. I replaced it with an aftermarket one that was about $30 cheaper and was available locally (the nearest HD dealer is more than 2 hours away). It only lasted 1 1/2 years. From now on it is definitely HD all the way.

I just replaced my battery today with a drag specialties 350 amp battery and wow . That thing really turns over my 05 softail like butter. I bought the bike recently and didn't now the age of the battery that it came with but it was an hd battery and turned over very slow. I always keep it on a tender and still seemed weak. So for a little added insurance I replaced it and would highly recommend.

I will probably replace my stock HD battery with another new HD battery every 4-5 years just to air on the safe side as I don't want to be stranded anywhere!

hi all happy easter
bought my 05 1200 custom in november 2008 around mid december(it was wet & cold) it let me down a few times.it would turnover 2/3 times & then battery died,re-charged it ok for a while the it happened again put on diagnostic charger,one cell was no good, priced aftermarket ones £60-70.contacted the dealer who i had bike off & he agreed to replace battery as a good will gesture,would have cost me £104 ($171 aprox)this battery is now 3 years & still going strong(he says with fingers crossed)but dispite price i will go for a hd battery when the time comes.
ride safe
ken.w

Back