free website stats program Noticed black soot inside pipes during slip-ons install? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Noticed black soot inside pipes during slip-ons install?

Any internal combustion engine, no matter how efficiently tuned, has some amounbt of fine particulate in the exhaust. So, any exhaust pipe will be black inside. Man has yet to amke any machine that has a 100 percent efficiency.

Thanks man! With the cut liter bottle idea, wouldn't that just melt if I set it underneath the filter? That filter, and the whole area up there was HOT!!! I had a drain pan underneath the frame for this, and did it as carefully as I could, but some still leaked. If you meant to put the litre bottom on under the filter as I unscrewed it, I would think it would melt??

Thanks for the info, lemme know what you think!

Try making a tray with a bit of aluminum foil, I take a strip and fold it over a few times then form it to slid under and around the filter. I make it long enough to have it run down pass the jiffy stand where I catch it with a gallon milk jug.

Try making a tray with a bit of aluminum foil, I take a strip and fold it over a few times then form it to slid under and around the filter. I make it long enough to have it run down pass the jiffy stand where I catch it with a gallon milk jug.

Has anyone ever tried punching a hole in the oil filter to remove the bulk of the oil first before unscrewing it? Still need the makeshift tray but you wouldn't get all that oil coming out from the base.

Back