free website stats program Nothing but problems with my 09 RKC | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Nothing but problems with my 09 RKC

My Fatboy was doing pretty much the same thing when I first got it: clock to default/flashing, power surge, none or intermittent throttle response, and wouldn't turn over when I shut it down. The ground cable on the battery terminal came loose; after the 3d time I loctited the bolt.

The bike has been fixed and it was a ground wire in the harness that kept losing contact. They also repainted the HD badge on the tank so lets hope the problems are over and let the riding continue :bigsmiley24:

Reno,
Glad you are up and running. Love this site and all the knowledge here. My 09 Road Glide with 4500 miles has not given me a bit of trouble. It is good to know what others are going thru in case something does come up with my bike.
Russell

Glad to see you up and running. I have seen over the years with the increase sophistication of systems on vehicles at times techs forget about common sense and dive in head first. They seem to skip right over the basics.
Right on Glider!!

Right on Glider, your the man. :s
Reno, glad you have that out on the way, trouble free riding is coming your way. I have 6000 on my 09 with no problems. :s

The bike has been fixed and it was a ground wire in the harness that kept losing contact. They also repainted the HD badge on the tank so lets hope the problems are over and let the riding continue :bigsmiley24:

Glad it is fixed...the arcing sound must have been pretty scary... now about that badge on the tank...what is up with that? I remember Magnavox had the saying "--the Quality goes in before the name goes on" --so was your bike missing the badge? :bigsmiley20:

Back