free website stats program Not Long / Not Far | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Not Long / Not Far

I was out in the garage all weekend tinkering around. The bike was setting there just longing to go outside, but with temps in the upper 20's to lower 30's, it just wasn't going to happen:newsmile08:

I'm jealous, jealous, jealous! Glad you could get out for a ride though 100 miles sounds like a good day to me. We've got probably another month of snow and cold. Can't wait!

Not long and not far, but I know what you mean. It was 68* and sunshine in Houston yesterday. I had prior obligations but was able to squeeze in about a 3 hr ride. Man, riding is just like milk, "It does a body good".:D

I normally don't get too worked up about biking in the winter... keep myself busy playing in the snow... BUT, with the light snow fall this year in Maine, my thoughts of biking are overwhelming my snow fun activities... in short... I'M JEALOUS! READY FOR SUMMER! My last ride was December 1st...

It got into the high 60's here in Del Rio, TX. Took about a 3 hour ride, just putted around the town playing tourist. I checked the weather the night before, and it stated that the winds would be light, but start increasing after 1500. Sure enough, I put the bike up about 1530 and you could feel the breeze. By the time I got inside and popped a cold one, the trailer was shaking in the wind. According to the snowbirders that make this their regular winter spot, the weather has been horrible here this year. But I have been able to get out a time or two.

I'd sure like to see 60 degrees but after talking to Hobbit and Smitty about the temps they ride in, 40 degrees does not seem that bad.

Those guys ride in single digit temps.

Was 25 deg yesterday in the northern burbs of Chicago.

Got the Buell out and rode with my buddy on his Ultra. We did about 60 miles. I had on my snowskiing garb and could've rode another 60.

Would've taken the Ultra but that's my baby. With the chrome, she doesn't see the salty streets.

I JUST DID A DITTO OF NOT LONG / NOT FAR of 100 miles.....

HERE in washington @ 12 noon it was 56* and sunny...

I headed off on BACK ROADS FROM ENUMCLAW TO ISSAQUAH AND to NORTH BEND then OVER TIGER MT PASS... ACROSS THE CEDAR RIVER INTO BLACK DIAMOND on over to CUMBERLAND then HOME...

WESTERN WASHINGTON FOOT HILLS being one of the most BEAUTIFUL places to ride a harley and usually on TWO LANE old fashioned highways...

ALL IT took to be comfortable were light FULL UNDERWEAR tops and bottoms with the NORMAL light leather jacket to cover my BIG painted EAGLE on my vest..... GOOD gloves and UV-400 clear glasses to enjoy to the FULLEST a SCENIC slow paced ride....

We really had some COLD weather a month or so ago then EL NINO again....

SORRY for the rest of the COLD country but like said IT'S YOUR TURN SOON!!

signed....BUBBIE

NICE to be away from BIG CITY HASSLES

I got 2 more tests and a consult with the Dr. b4 my surgery in late march. will be going after my "new to me" fxrt right after consult. Can't stand knowing I don't have a bike right now. Its been cold but I probably would have taken a short run somewhere just to ride.

Back