free website stats program Noise's | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Noise's

Yes the 6 speed, cruise and the new frame are what made me want the new bike. I had my old bike running sweet with 95, ported and polished heads, 10.5 to 1 pistons, larger valves, new hydralic tensioners, torrington cam bearings, andrews 55 cams, woods lifters and other items. It dyno'd out at 96 hp 101 ft lbs, I wish I had it back. The old bike was a lot quieter running than my new, all stock bike.

not sure what kind of rattle your hearing but check the exhaust hangers on the mufflers. mine rattled bad and it took forever to find . the rubber washers at the rear of the mufflers get a little loose and maybe worn and you can put a little lube on them

Last edited by a moderator:
When My lifters were Not correctly adjusted(i do my own work) for my SE 255 cam, ALL the noise was heard on the LEFT side of the motor NOT the right...

The purpose of the above statement;

Just Wanted you to Know The Left side DOES get noisy from the lifters... (09 FLHR)

I would also Change out HD's tranny oil and I WOULD put in Redline Shockproof Heavy Gear Oil..
Then IF noisy, it should Not be from the tranny..

Yes Heat shields can be loose and cause the rattle, but a bad lifter ('s) can do the same...

I agree, IF you are sure They All Don't Do It ??? and TOLD they DO,,,, I'd get another shop involved IF they don't work this out.. You should not have to do More than I suggested above to check to see "IF" you can find the noise...

signed....BUBBIE

When My lifters were Not correctly adjusted(i do my own work) for my SE 255 cam, ALL the noise was heard on the LEFT side of the motor NOT the right. .. .. .. .. ...

Wow that's interesting, I guess it's because the pushrods are located so near the jugs that the sound radiates up the thru the engine. Or the fact that the final sound is coming from the rocker panels where the slack actually bottoms out.

check on the right side and make sure your timing inspection cover is tight, i believe its like 6 allen head bolts that hold it on, i had a rattle for the longest time and couldnt figure it out, turnt out to be that!

Back